Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drill free mudflaps for MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_3089.jpeg
    IMG_3089.jpeg
    517.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3090.jpeg
    IMG_3090.jpeg
    702.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I bought these on Amazon. I am quite happy with them. I believe the brand is Basenor.View attachment 645814View attachment 645815View attachment 645816View attachment 645817View attachment 645818
@USC-Hawk, can you confirm these are drill-free and easy to install? Do you just use a flathead screwdriver and/or a pry tool to remove the existing rivets?

Also, do they feel pretty secure after installation, or did you have to make modifications to make the fit tighter (e.g., using double-sided tape)?

I am the least hands on fix it type person and they were pretty easy. Pop out two rivets(or whatever they are on your wheel base), pop anchors into the holes, align flaps and insert rivets, do one clip mid way up.
Backs took a little more, remove nut from screw in wheel well midway up in the back, remove two rivet, remove bolt from bottom of frame. Then, insert two anchors, align flap making sure little tab on flap goes inside trim(easy part to forget and will cause small gap if you don’t remember, reinstall nut and insert and tighten bolt on bottom. Insert two rivets. Do one clip mid way up. Stand back and enjoy the new look.
No drilling, no adhesives.

• Informative
Reactions: JLOC
I am the least hands on fix it type person and they were pretty easy. Pop out two rivets(or whatever they are on your wheel base), pop anchors into the holes, align flaps and insert rivets, do one clip mid way up.
Backs took a little more, remove nut from screw in wheel well midway up in the back, remove two rivet, remove bolt from bottom of frame. Then, insert two anchors, align flap making sure little tab on flap goes inside trim(easy part to forget and will cause small gap if you don’t remember, reinstall nut and insert and tighten bolt on bottom. Insert two rivets. Do one clip mid way up. Stand back and enjoy the new look.
Is there any torque rating for the nuts in the rear?

Don’t know. I used a wrench and the bolts came out and I was able to reinstall and they are tight.
Thank you! I may be in competition with you as the person who is the least handy, but your reply gives me more confidence I can do this without breaking anything. I checked underneath the rear tire well, and can confirm there is a bolt, rather than a plastic rivet, at the bottom of the frame. Hopefully mine comes off easily, as someone posted in another thread that he or she ended up breaking the bolt.