Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drilling holes in my Model X - question

CjRichMar

Aug 21, 2015
Houston, TX
Can someone tell me whether there are any electrical bits / anything besides plastic in the driver's side center console area highlighted? No need to ask why I'm planning on drilling holes there - I've seen that discussion already, and I'm not interested in repeating it here. I just need a simple "yes, there are electrical wires and do not drill there" or "no, there are no electrical wires there; you should be good to go" (and if you've done any work in that area, recommendations on the best way to go about it).

I also understand that I am drilling holes in my car - no need to point out that I am irreversibly ruining it, resale value, etc. However, I appreciate your concern. I don't mean to sound snarky, just trying to avoid some of the inevitable advice I'm bound to get with a question like this.

20191028_085608.jpg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC