Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Electric Event - Sat. 9/20 - UCONN Storrs (Need other Teslas to Join Me)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a call to arms for owners and electric car proponents in CT. Let's get Tesla's in front of the young progressive minds at UCONN. Until the law is changed, Tesla can't bring their own vehicles, and the young minds at UCONN will be uninspired by more Leaf's, Kia Soles, and BMW I3s (or other "Compliance" cars). Let's inspire them with an actual compelling electric car. Join me on Saturday at 12:00. More info is here available here... National Drive Electric Week Event - Storrs

More inspiration: I'm coming fresh off a very concerning day at Hartford Capital Building Drive Electric Event. That event was sponsored by the Connecticut Auto Retailers Association (CARA) and the DEEP. I was the only Tesla at the event, and drew the ire of the majority auto-dealer brass with my posters explaining the law preventing Tesla from selling in CT, and the recent decision by MA supreme judicial court to throw out the lawsuit against Tesla. A "Panel of Experts" Discussion was led by the DEEP Commissioner Rob Klee and CT Automotive Retailers Association President James Flemming. I was really alarmed by the unbalanced pro-dealership language in the panel discussion. This discussion took place inside our beloved state legislative building. Tesla of course was not mentioned, even by the public officials. The only hint at the dealer conflict was was a comment by Sierra Club Panel Member Martin Mador that "we need to recognize that just because we did something yesterday, doesn't mean we should do it again today and going forward".

If the law changes, I'm told by Milford Service that Tesla wants to open showrooms in Milford, West Farms Mall, and Greenwich to market their cars. Let's help get the young voters educated on this issue.

Sept 15th Dealer Award Ceremony and Panel Discussion Members
DEEP Commissioner Rob Klee
Connecticut Automotive Retailers Association President James Fleming
NADA - Michael Harrington (Michael Harrington)
GM - Kevin Kelly
Ford - Ann McDonough
M Benz - Michael Schweizer
State Sen. - Toni Boucher
State Rep. - Lonnie Reed
Nissan - Joan Gough
Toyota - Kevin Kinnaw
Lawyer - Mark LaBel
Sierra Club - Martin Mador

image.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Last edited:
I am taking delivery of my car Friday afternoon. I was reluctant to sign up for the event without actually owning the car for awhile. Also, are people climbing in and out of the car like they would at a dealership showroom. I don't think I could allow that my first full day of ownership.

I graduated from UConn and love the excuse to head back up though.

I graduated from UCONN as well and would have loved to be there... unfortunately, I didn't see this thread until now. I hope it turned out well.
On the flip side, I'm surprised that CT is still leaning this way, considering it's allowed 3 SC to open, with construction going on for the 4th, and a large service center.... while in MA (where I've moved since graduating) is still waiting for our first one to complete construction.