Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DRIVE Electric for Tesla, a wearable app for Wear OS - support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@KlokkProjects, great app and love using this on my galaxy watch. frequently use to open frunk for groceries.

A question - what does this mean- 'Taxi Mode - Unlatch combinations of doors from the unlatch tile'

Where is the 'unlatch tile' located?
Thanks!

The app offers 3 different Tiles. You add them from the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. One is called Unlatch Doors (bottom right on the picture) and will give you easy access to unlatch each door individually. If you enable Taxi mode in app settings, the frunk icon at the top changes to a taxi icon and will give you access to open different combinations of the passenger doors, for instance both rear doors. This was requested by a taxi fleet owner for their taxi drivers since many passengers struggle with the door handles.

20230810_164136.jpg

Br.
Runar

Reactions: 3toY22
Hi, there is a web site: DRIVE Electric For Tesla and email: [email protected]

Did you sign in using your main driver account? It shouldn't matter, but I had another user that needed to do that. Personally I can use both. Another tip is to restart your watch and to make sure your watch is properly connected to internet. We can continue on email, if you prefer that. Best regards Runar
Hi Runar, thanks for your quick response, and sorry for my slow response. Yes, I had tried the things you suggested, without success. But today I had an update for the phone app, and the watch app suddenly started working again. I have no idea if it was related, but all is good now. Thanks again!

Hi Runar, thanks for your quick response, and sorry for my slow response. Yes, I had tried the things you suggested, without success. But today I had an update for the phone app, and the watch app suddenly started working again. I have no idea if it was related, but all is good now. Thanks again!
Oh, that's great. I guess you got a new watch app release as well, so maybe an update/reinstall helped. Anyways, good to know. Thanks. Best regards Runar

DRIVE Electric for Tesla v1.2.2/4.3.0 - out now.

The new official Fleet API will become mandatory for all vehicles in early 2024. For commands sent to the vehicle, a new vehicle command protocol for end-to-end encryption will also become mandatory (except for older models of S/X). Since version 4.2.5, the app has supported the new FleetAPI, but not yet the new protocol. Because of this, some vehicles will respond with return code 403 (Forbidden) when commands are sent. Version 1.2.2/4.3.0 will include the new protocol, but will require a new login and a couple of extra steps to complete.

Please, follow these steps when the new version becomes available:

1. If you are already using the watch app, go to app settings and log out.
2. Open the phone app and click Sign in.
3. Select your vehicle's region (official API).
4. Log in to your Tesla account.
5. Give app access to ALL categories. This step will only appear during the first login to the official API. If you did not select all categories the first time, the app may not work as intended. To add grants later, you must revoke the grant from your Tesla account @Tesla.com and log in again.
6. Register the virtual key for your vehicle. To use the new vehicle command protocol and send encrypted commands to your vehicle, a virtual key must be downloaded to the vehicle. Keep your official Tesla app available and connected to the vehicle of your choice (repeat this step if you have multiple vehicles).
When you click Open, the official app will pop up and you can continue the enrollment process from there. PS! Only the vehicle owner can do this.
7. Once the key is registered using the Tesla app, make sure the DRIVE phone app is still open.
8. Open the watch app and complete the login.
9. Go to app settings in the watch app and enable the new protocol.
10. Now take a deep breath and enjoy.

I hope you will all be patient during this transition period. As expected, a bunch of 1-star reviews are coming in due to vehicles requiring the new protocol. I've been working like crazy to port the new functionality, but I can hardly keep up with all the changes. Please contact me by email before showing your frustration in the review section. Most things can be sorted out.

I still don't know what the future will look like in terms of the pricing element of this new official API. Currently, there is a free tier with some restrictions on usage. I hope we can avoid a subscription-based app, but if they remove or limit the free tier further, this may be necessary.

In advance, thank you for your patience!

20231217_211255.jpg

With best regards
Runar

Last edited:
Hello. Just curious to know if there is an issue with the tiles ?
None of the functions work on them, it just shows the 3 blue bubbles indefinitely. Happens with any action.

All the functions however work within the actual application when opened on watch.

Using gw6 if that helps. Thanks

Hello. Just curious to know if there is an issue with the tiles ?
None of the functions work on them, it just shows the 3 blue bubbles indefinitely. Happens with any action.

All the functions however work within the actual application when opened on watch.

Using gw6 if that helps. Thanks
Hi, I'm not aware of any issues. Are you sure everything works in the main app? Have you gone through all the steps to sign in with the new official API? If everything is OK, then try to remove the tiles and add them again. Then restart your watch. Let me know how it goes.

Hi, I'm not aware of any issues. Are you sure everything works in the main app? Have you gone through all the steps to sign in with the new official API? If everything is OK, then try to remove the tiles and add them again. Then restart your watch. Let me know how it goes.
Hi thanks I got it working. Appears the tiles only use cellular data but the main app uses BLE is that right?
I was trying initially in my basement with no signal.

Hi thanks I got it working. Appears the tiles only use cellular data but the main app uses BLE is that right?
I was trying initially in my basement with no signal.
No, actually the tile uses BLE, but you must wait approx 4-5 seconds until it connects before you can send the command over BLE. If you tap any command before the BLE has connected to the vehicle it will send the command over cellular instead, assuming you are away from your vehicle. The tile will tell you the status of the BLE connection (connected/disconnected). If it says Connected -> BLE, if it says Disconnected -> cellular.

PS! If you haven't done so, you must pair the Tesla Key with the vehicle before any BLE command will work:
main app -> app menu (blue tab) - Tesla Key (car key icon) - enable

Screenshot_20240201_231503_sysui.png

Last edited:
Why is my car in Norway?

I'm running version 4.4.1. The map shows my car is in Oslo, but I'm pretty sure it's parked across the street. It also looks like it might be upside down...?

View attachment 1015967
If location sharing is off or the app is in sleep mode, the map view will default to the demo vehicle location. Go to app settings to change these settings. Also read the FAQ here: DRIVE Electric For Tesla

1000007687.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for replying.

The Tesla app shows the right location, and the vehicle is not asleep.

When you say "app in sleep mode", are you referring to the Tesla app or the watch app? In either case, I don't think anything is sleeping at this point.

Thank you for replying.

The Tesla app shows the right location, and the vehicle is not asleep.

When you say "app in sleep mode", are you referring to the Tesla app or the watch app? In either case, I don't think anything is sleeping at this point.
These are watch app settings. Tesla has made changes to the API to enhance privacy. You must now turn location sharing on. You will also see an icon in the vehicle UI whenever an app is asking for the vehicle location.

Sleep Mode is an app feature to prevent waking the vehicle when using the app.
1000007690.jpg

Last edited:
I cant get the app to sign in now after the API change, just gives me a Unauthorized on the watch after it send the token. Profile Information, Vehicle information, Vehicle Commands, and Vehicle Charging Management have allowed on the Tesla site for DRIVE Electric. Any way I can get this working?

I cant get the app to sign in now after the API change, just gives me a Unauthorized on the watch after it send the token. Profile Information, Vehicle information, Vehicle Commands, and Vehicle Charging Management have allowed on the Tesla site for DRIVE Electric. Any way I can get this working?
I take it that you logged out on the watch app? Signing in on the phone app itself does not transfer any token to the watch. You must log out from app settings on the watch app to fetch the new tokens from the phone app.

So I was trying this for several hours then after I posted this it suddenly started working 20min later... I blame Tesla

DRIVE Electric for Tesla v4.5.0 - out soon.

Change log

- New layout in the Charge Stats view.
- Improved scroll experience. Tap the right-side of the main screen to scroll to the next section (look for the small arrows) .
- Improved drag-and-drop experience in the organize commands list.
- Bug fixes & minor improvements.

20240414_133353.jpg

TIP:
Some of you logging in for the first time are experiencing a "login loop" between the phone app and the watch app. The reason for this is that the token generated by the phone app, which is transferred to your watch, does not have the necessary rights to your account. The first time you log in, you will be asked to give the app various accesses to your account. If you do not tick off all the rights that the app asks for, the watch app will not have access to list available cars from your account, for example. The watch app will then ask you to log in again and check the app accesses. The problem then is that you don't get the question from Tesla again about giving access to your account. You must first remove these accesses from your account before you are asked again the next time you log in. This can be experienced as a loop and an app error. You can remove these accesses from the Sign In menu in the phone app or from your account at Tesla.com. Read more in the FAQ.

• Informative
Reactions: JHCCAZ