Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DRIVE Electric for Tesla, an app for Samsung watches (Tizen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
I bought and installed the app yesterday for a Galaxy Watch 46 mm, it works very well.
On the other hand I notice that my Tesla no longer goes to Sleep mode. Is that normal?
Thank you

No, this is not normal, as long as you are not actively using the app. In general the app will only communicate with your car when the app is visible on your watch screen. When the app is visible it will ping the car every 20 seconds to get fresh data from the car. This will keep the car awake. There is a setting in the App Settings that will keep the screen on. Use this with caution as it will keep the car awake (and drain your watch battery quickly). When the app is in the background (or closed) it will not ping the car. Only commands already in process are allowed to run in the background. If the problem persists I would restart the watch to see if any internal processes might be hanging... Regards Runar

thank you,
I restarted my watch the problem is solved.
At the watch battery level you have an idea of consumption, for the moment the application is in first place with 10%.
Last question, in the widget can we change the order?
thank you

Compared to most apps on your watch this app will use some power when it is active. Many watch apps have a companion app on the mobile phone doing the heavy lifting of communicating with a server over the internet. Since this is a standalone app all that CPU usage is handled by the watch itself, especially if you are using the LTE connection. In the background though this app should use very little energy.
At this point it's not possible to change the order of commands in the widget.

[QUOTE = "KlokkProjects, post: 4706043, membre: 13243"] Par rapport à la plupart des applications de votre montre, cette application utilise une certaine puissance lorsqu'elle est active. De nombreuses applications de montre ont une application compagnon sur le téléphone mobile qui fait le gros du travail pour communiquer avec un serveur sur Internet. Comme il s'agit d'une application autonome, l'utilisation de l'unité centrale est gérée par la montre elle-même, surtout si vous utilisez la connexion LTE. En arrière-plan, cette application doit utiliser très peu d'énergie.
À ce stade, il n'est pas possible de modifier l'ordre des commandes dans le widget. [/ QUOTE]
Merci pour votre réponse rapide
Belle journée

Compared to most apps on your watch this app will use some power when it is active. Many watch apps have a companion app on the mobile phone doing the heavy lifting of communicating with a server over the internet. Since this is a standalone app all that CPU usage is handled by the watch itself, especially if you are using the LTE connection. In the background though this app should use very little energy.
At this point it's not possible to change the order of commands in the widget.

Thank you for your quick response
Nice day

Reactions: KlokkProjects
2020-08-14 17.18.48.jpg IMG_20200518_092646__01.jpg
The app now supports English, Norwegian, French and German. Next release will add support for Dutch.
If you want to contribute with a new language please add to this Google Sheet

Hi Runar,

having some issue in configuring the "on approach" function. App is scanning for the car with no success. Tried all the possible positions around the car. Galaxy Watch 3 and Model 3 (2020).

/Pierluigi

Do you get something like in this image?
OnApproach1.jpg
If yes, click on the entry from the list starting with a car icon and a bunch of letters like Sxxxxxxxxxxxxx. This is the unique bluetooth ID of your car. The scan might find other appliances (or other Teslas) so initially you need to tell the watch which one is your car from the list. When selected this ID is stored in the app for later use. Nothing else happens during the configuration scan.

If nothing shows up in the list at all, make sure the Bluetooth is enabled in the watch settings. Or try a restart of your watch to see if this fixes the problem.

To use the OnApproach feature go to the control menu (star icon), turn the OnApproach switch on and then choose one of the allowed commands like the unlock button. The app will then scan for your car for about 10 minutes. When the scan finds your unique bluetooth ID it will fire the command. This needs to be repeated every time you want to use the OnApproach feature. It's not a Phone-as-key feature like your mobile. The little watch battery has no capasity to scan for your car 24/7.

Also read this post: DRIVE Electric for Tesla

Hope this was clarifying...?

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
i have a galaxy watch 3 LTE (tmobile) and finally got around to installing this today. i sat in the car and activated the approach setup on the watch. i saw the cars bluetooth and this other gadget on my car that broadcasts its name, so i deduced the other one was the car.

had no issues pairing.

Do you get something like in this image?
View attachment 585935
If yes, click on the entry from the list starting with a car icon and a bunch of letters like Sxxxxxxxxxxxxx. This is the unique bluetooth ID of your car. The scan might find other appliances (or other Teslas) so initially you need to tell the watch which one is your car from the list. When selected this ID is stored in the app for later use. Nothing else happens during the configuration scan.

If nothing shows up in the list at all, make sure the Bluetooth is enabled in the watch settings. Or try a restart of your watch to see if this fixes the problem.

To use the OnApproach feature go to the control menu (star icon), turn the OnApproach switch on and then choose one of the allowed commands like the unlock button. The app will then scan for your car for about 10 minutes. When the scan finds your unique bluetooth ID it will fire the command. This needs to be repeated every time you want to use the OnApproach feature. It's not a Phone-as-key feature like your mobile. The little watch battery has no capasity to scan for your car 24/7.

Also read this post: DRIVE Electric for Tesla

Hope this was clarifying...?

Thanks Rune! I was missing the first selection part. I'll try later and let yo know.

Cheers,

Pierluigi

Hi!
DRIVE Electric for Tesla v4.5.0 is out now supporting the new multi-factor authentication (mfa) method from Tesla. To achieve this a small companion app for Android is needed. Download from Google Play Store now. You should use this phone app for signing in whether you have enabled mfa or not. This is the most secure method there is as you will sign in directly on Teslas own web site. There's no way the phone app will see your credentials using this method. After signing in on the phone the watch app will retrieve an encrypted refresh token from the phone app and update its own access tokens. From there on the watch app will work entirely as before and the phone app can be closed.
The watch app still supports the old method of logging in on the watch, but Tesla will probably remove this option in the near future as a result of rolling out mfa to the people.

This release will also address the constant logging out from the app that a few users are experiencing. The force log out from other 3rd party apps will also be fixed as soon as you convert to the new sign in method.

Lastly this release adds Remote Start to the voice commands and the widget. For your convenience this command combines unlatching the charge cable and unlocking the car when needed.

DRIVE Electric for Tesla v4.5.5 is finally out.
All new and updated watch apps on the Galaxy Store underwent a thorough screening of intellectual property rights this time, so it took longer than usual to get it verified (absolutely no infringement remarks btw).

This version brings along stability improvements and a refreshed and faster UI amongst other things.
Check out more here.

2021-01-02 12.52.11.jpg

Reactions: ajp558 and lUtriaNt
Hi:

I had the app installed and running fine on my Galaxy S3 Frontier (v.4.5.5, linked to my Galaxy S9+ watch), but all of a sudden I couldn't get it to work - kept getting an unauthorization error (see attachment). I uninstalled and reinstalled, but same thing. Any ideas? Also, where can I find any documentation? The "login with phone" isn't clear to me - does that mean just log into my Tesla app on my phone, or something else - I can't see any control of the Drive app on my phone. Thanks
20210130_115855.jpg

Hi:

I had the app installed and running fine on my Galaxy S3 Frontier (v.4.5.5, linked to my Galaxy S9+ watch), but all of a sudden I couldn't get it to work - kept getting an unauthorization error (see attachment). I uninstalled and reinstalled, but same thing. Any ideas? Also, where can I find any documentation? The "login with phone" isn't clear to me - does that mean just log into my Tesla app on my phone, or something else - I can't see any control of the Drive app on my phone. ThanksView attachment 632323

Hi! You will find a lot of information about the app on its Facebook site.
The "login with phone" is described here.

Your exact problem is difficult to answer since the error message (-> ERROR) comes directly from the Tesla API network call. Something goes wrong while communicating with the Tesla servers. My first suggestion is always to restart your watch and to make sure the app is connected to your Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. I would also suggest that you try out the new login method using the phone app DRIVE Electric for Tesla Login as explained in the Facebook post above.

Let me know how this works out.

Regards Runar

Is there any demo/trial version of the app available to try it out before buying?

No, I'm afraid not. Unlike Google Play where you can get a refund within a few hours after purchase the Galaxy Store does not offer the same functionality. And they are strict on refunds as well. The app itself has a demo mode where it can simulate different vehicles if you don't have a Tesla account yet, but it needs to be purchased anyhow so...

Hi! You will find a lot of information about the app on its Facebook site.
The "login with phone" is described here.

Your exact problem is difficult to answer since the error message (-> ERROR) comes directly from the Tesla API network call. Something goes wrong while communicating with the Tesla servers. My first suggestion is always to restart your watch and to make sure the app is connected to your Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. I would also suggest that you try out the new login method using the phone app DRIVE Electric for Tesla Login as explained in the Facebook post above.

Let me know how this works out.

Regards Runar

Ok, seems like Tesla pulled the plug on the old authentication method yesterday. You will now need to use the companion mobile app to login.

2. SIGN IN WITH WATCH will no longer work!!!

login-3-v4.5.5.png

Use the link in the quoted post for instructions to use the mobile app.

PS! Using the mobile phone for login seems like a hassle, but this login method is way more secure as you will not expose your credentials to other than the Tesla authentication server.

Reactions: lUtriaNt