Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DRIVE Electric for Tesla, a wearable app for Wear OS - support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KlokkProjects

Global Vendor
Apr 10, 2013
Norway
Listings
Hi!
As a vendor here at TMC I have created this support thread for the app DRIVE Electric for Tesla made for Wear OS and Samsung watches running the Tizen OS. The Wear OS version is found on Google Play Store and the Tizen version is found on Galaxy Store. Please note that the Tizen version will no longer be sold by the end of 2022.

In short:
DRIVE Electric for Tesla is the first smartwatch app for Wear OS to combine NFC, Bluetooth and internet access to communicate with the vehicle. This turns your watch into a fast and reliable key without having to carry the phone. Check it out now!

The app has been around since 2019 on the Galaxy Store and a new version for Wear OS watches was released on Google Play in 2021.
Although it has many satisfied users worldwide, this is not a profitable project. The combination of Tesla and smartwatch owners creates a narrow market, and all development, bug fixes and support happen in my spare time. Nevertheless, I hope you will be satisfied with the app and the support you receive.

My main channel for support and information is at the DRIVE Electric for Tesla page on Facebook,. Please take a look and like/follow that page for version updates, feedback and other information. Also feel free to ask questions here on this thread as well.

2021-08-25 15.02.21-2.jpg2021-03-02 07.57.55-2.jpgIMG_20200518_092646__01.jpg2020-09-19 14.26.52.jpg

KlokkProjects

Last edited:
DRIVE Electric for Tesla v4.5.5 is out.
All new and updated watch apps on the Galaxy Store underwent a thorough screening of intellectual property rights this time, so it took longer than usual to get it verified (absolutely no infringement remarks btw).

This version brings along stability improvements and a refreshed and faster UI amongst other things.
Check out more here.

2021-01-02 12.52.11.jpg

Reactions: KArnold
DRIVE Electric for Tesla v4.7.6 is out now. Take a look here!
Some highlights:
- Senior Mode
- Sleep Mode
- Queued commands

Senior Mode brings colored buttons to the controls menu so you don't have to wear your reading glasses to hit the correct command. Memorize the color instead (see picture).
Sleep Mode will not wake your car on app startup. It will only wake the car if you actively communicate with the car by sending a command etc.
With queued commands you can stack commands to a queue by long-pressing a command button. Tapping the last command will execute them all in a row. Example: Long-press Homelink button, long-press Unlock button and finally tap Start button. This will send all three commands in a row without waiting for each one to complete.

Image1619519131044.jpg

PS! A quick fix version v4.7.7 is already sent in for verification. This will fix unresponsible +/- buttons in the Charging and Climate view.

Finally the DRIVE Electric for Tesla Wear OS version is ready for production. After nearly 6 months of development and with most of the features from the Tizen OS version in place, it is ready to go live. Thanks to all the internal alpha/beta testers giving me valuable feedback during the development period. The app targets new Wear OS 3.0 watches like the Galaxy Watch 4, but will also work on older Wear OS 2.0 watches like Fossil Gen 5 etc. Due to hardware limitations some of those older watches on Wear 2.0 might lag a little.

2021-08-25 15.02.21-2.jpg

A new release is also soon avaliable for the Tizen OS version.
DRIVE Electric for Tesla v4.9.0 contains new features to set in-car scheduling of charging and climate, and adjusting of charging amps.

Regards
KlokkProjects

Sorry I meant the first Galaxy watch (not the 2). It runs Tizen.

View attachment 732278
Sure. It is compatible with the range from Samsung Gear S3 and all the way up to the latest Tizen watch Galaxy Watch 3. Support for the oldest Samsung Gear S2 is deprecated. The new Wear OS app is compatible with the new Samsung Galaxy 4 (and other Wear OS watches)... :)

Reactions: Trip McNealy
DRIVE Electric for Tesla v2.5.1 (WearOS) - out now.
The latest WearOS version comes with many new language translations.
Supported languages are: English, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Korean and Chinese.

DRIVE Electric for Tesla v4.9.6 (TizenOS) - out now.
The latest TizenOS version adds an optional time lock feature to the PIN lock. After unlocking it will stay unlocked for two hours.

Drive_menu_1.jpg

The image shows one of the optional command menus in the WearOS version.

Both apps support the latest features like in-car scheduling of climate and charging, cabin overheat protection and bioweapon defense mode activation.

Last edited:
DRIVE Electric for Tesla v2.6.5 (WearOS) - out now.

- New Tire Pressure monitor. Sensor readings will only happen during driving, but the last known values will always be stored in the app. The app will also warn when low pressure is detected. Values in grey color: may be outdated, white color: fresh reading, red color: low pressure.
- Added back vehicle option codes as the API seems to send the correct values for Model 3 and Y again.

You can find these new items in the Vehicle Info section in settings (drag down to reveal the blue top menu and tap the little arrow). In settings you can also find the map function, on-approach settings, software download, choose vehicle and app settings. In app settings you can choose app background, control menu theme, organize control menu items, etc.

2022-02-16 19.59.41.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: skydve1 and KArnold
DRIVE Electric for Tesla v2.7.4 (WearOS) - out now.

NEW FEATURES:
- This version uses the built-in NFC chip on the watch to act as a key card. You can now tap the b-pillar with your watch to open and drive the vehicle. Check this Facebook post for instructions.
- A new login module for your phone now comes bundled with the watch app on Play Store.

20220305_221355.jpg

DRIVE Electric for Tesla v2.7.5 (WearOS) - out now.
DRIVE Electric for Tesla v4.9.8 (Tizen) - out soon.
- At the moment, both watch apps are failing to sign in due to Tesla ending one of their old token renewal endpoints. Already logged in users will not be affected by this, unless the token is about to expire. The updated app versions will fix this.

Update:
The WearOS version is released and working fine.

Last edited:
I've buy the 4.9.6 tizen version.
Connection to tesla account not possible.
Can I have my money back or did you resolve the problem asap?
The fix for the Tizen version was sent to the Samsung verification team over a week ago. The current status on Galaxy Store is that the verification process is delayed due to a huge backlog on their part. Unfortunately, this is completely out of my control. I'm as frustrated as you are about how long this is taking.
I will notify you as soon as the fix starts to roll out...

In comparison, the fix for the Wear OS version on Play Store was out in less than a day...

Refunds are handled through the Galaxy Store support link found on your receipt.

Any chance that those of us that purchased the Tizen version and have since upgraded to latest Galaxy watch (Wear OS) can get a discount code for the Wear OS version?
Hi, Earlier this year I made a FB-post about this. Sadly, the short answer is no.
Being forced to switch operating system by Samsung is probably the worst thing that can happen to a developer trying to make an app profitable. It will take years of hard work to reach the level of reputation and customer base on Play Store that I had on Galaxy Store,

Hopefully you will find the extra functionality of the Wear version well worth it, such as the NFC key. For comparison, an NFC Tesla Key Ring sells for more than $100. My app does the same for $10... :)

Reactions: Pseudofinn
Hi, Earlier this year I made a FB-post about this. Sadly, the short answer is no.
Being forced to switch operating system by Samsung is probably the worst thing that can happen to a developer trying to make an app profitable. It will take years of hard work to reach the level of reputation and customer base on Play Store that I had on Galaxy Store,

Hopefully you will find the extra functionality of the Wear version well worth it, such as the NFC key. For comparison, an NFC Tesla Key Ring sells for more than $100. My app does the same for $10... :)
Understood but it would still be nice to offer some form of discount (not free but maybe 25% off) especially since Tizen based watches are expected to reach EOL for support from Samsung in the next 4 years. This might help with transferring reputation and customer base from obsolete store to new Wear OS store. Just feels wrong to have to pay full price for app twice in just over one year even though price is reasonable especially with new NFC key feature.