Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor DRIVE Electric for Tesla, an app for Samsung watches (Tizen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi There - Really interested in this for my Galaxy Gear Fit2 Pro. I have this for my F-Pace and love it. Tried to find in the Galaxy Store and no results showing...? Is it not available to residents outside of the US? Or is there some other factor that might be preventing me from seeing/buying it?

Hi the Fit2 is not supported by this app. Only the round screens with resolution 360x360 is supported.

Regards Runar

Hi again. The DRIVE - Electric for Gear S2 is now available as a separate app in Galaxy Store. The layout is a little more square due to limitations of the old OS but the functionality is on par with the original DRIVE - Electric. Please read the disclaimer regarding future updates.

If you bought the original DRIVE - Electric before the S2 was discontinued you are entitled to a free voucher for this app. If you have a valid receipt please contact me on PM through my Facebook page and you'll receive the voucher.
I have an S9 phone and a Gear S2 watch. When i try to purchase in the Galexy store, I get an error message that states this content isn't compatible with your phone. Any way to get this app?

I have an S9 phone and a Gear S2 watch. When i try to purchase in the Galexy store, I get an error message that states this content isn't compatible with your phone. Any way to get this app?

Hi. That combination should be compatible. A few things you can try. Make sure the watch is on its latest firmware and restart the watch. Make sure the watch is connected to your phone and choose the Galaxy Store from the wearable app on your phone. If you find the app in Galaxy Store now it should be compatible. If you still have problems with the download/buying process please contact Galaxy Store through its customer service. Regards Runar

Hi. That combination should be compatible. A few things you can try. Make sure the watch is on its latest firmware and restart the watch. Make sure the watch is connected to your phone and choose the Galaxy Store from the wearable app on your phone. If you find the app in Galaxy Store now it should be compatible. If you still have problems with the download/buying process please contact Galaxy Store through its customer service. Regards Runar

Hmm, there might be something wrong after all. I'll check this up next week and keep you posted. Regards

Does this app work with the Active 2 and Galaxy S8? I cant seem to find the app in the Galaxy Store. If not, I have a Note 10+ ordered (on a long backorder) but I wanted to start using the Drive app asap.

Unfortunately Samsung introduced a bug for the Active 2 watch (Tizen 4.0.0.7) affecting this app and a few others. It is therefore temporarily removed from Galaxy Store. Samsung has already issued a fix so I plan to activate this model again in the next upcoming release. Should take a week from now. The app might not work until the watch firmware fix is released in your region so be aware of this.

You bought it today? How? It is removed from Galaxy Store at this point for the Active 2. Or did you switch watch by any chance? Anyway a firmware fix by Samsung should soon be rolled out in your region for the Active 2. I don't know how long it takes...

Regards Runar

I bought your app today. I have the Active2. Your app was available to purchase in the Galaxy store.

Ok, I understand a fix is coming. Will I have to install a new program or will the app update automatically?

It is very strange that the app was available on Galaxy Store. It has been removed from the store since before Christmas for the Active 2,
but since Samsung has started the roll-out of the new firmware it will become available again very soon.

Anyway, the needed fix is not in my app, but in the TizenOS. You will need to check in your wearable app on your phone for any firmware update issued by Samsung. After that update the app should immediately work as intended. Other 3rd-party apps are also affected by this bug in the Tizen OS.

It happened exactly as KlokkProjects said it would.
My watch automatically received a firmware update from Sansung. After that update installed, the Drive app works!

I'll be spending the next several days playing around with the app -- fun.

This is great news. You are the first one to report back that the fix from Samsung is out and working. Thank you for the feedback. If possible, could you report back which firmware version to look out for? I'm so happy about this fix... :)

It happened exactly as KlokkProjects said it would.
My watch automatically received a firmware update from Sansung. After that update installed, the Drive app works!

I'll be spending the next several days playing around with the app -- fun.

I just got my update this morning and was able to download the Drive app! (And I was able to use samsung rewards to pay for it, too) Going to start tinkering with mine today as well.

This is great news. You are the first one to report back that the fix from Samsung is out and working. Thank you for the feedback. If possible, could you report back which firmware version to look out for? I'm so happy about this fix... :)

KlokkProjects, is this the information you are looking for?

R830XXU1BTA1/R8300XA1BTA1/
Tizen ver 4.0.0.7

Also, I want to set up "on approach". My watch scans for the car and doesn't find it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Warren

KlokkProjects, is this the information you are looking for?

R830XXU1BTA1/R8300XA1BTA1/
Tizen ver 4.0.0.7

Also, I want to set up "on approach". My watch scans for the car and doesn't find it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Warren

Yes, absolutely. Thanks for the info.

First of all the "on approach" requires the Model 3 for now. It uses one of the BLE beacons that usually triangulate your position used by the phone-as-key feature on your mobile app.
On models without the "phone-as-key' feature the BLE beacons are not activated.
You can buy a BLE beacon on ebay and put it inside your car. That will work too. Check one of my post on FB for more information.

Regards
Runar

@KlokkProjects I'm running into the issue where no keyboard comes up when I need to enter my login info. I paid for and downloaded the app this morning and just now getting time to play with it. Any suggestions? Galaxy Active 2 and Galaxy S8

I'm sorry to hear that. My only suggestion is to wait for the correct firmware update from Samsung. If you believe you have the correct firmware version as stated in the post above, then try to restart your watch and then reinstall the app and then restart the watch again.

I'm sorry to hear that. My only suggestion is to wait for the correct firmware update from Samsung. If you believe you have the correct firmware version as stated in the post above, then try to restart your watch and then reinstall the app and then restart the watch again.

Got it. I'll wait!

FYI Tizen ver is 4.0.0.7 but software is R830XXU1BSK4.
Knox 2.4.0
SE for Tizen 2.0.0
TIMA 3.0

This separate app for the S2 watch was registered with the wrong watch type. It is re-registered now but are still waiting for verification from the Galaxy Store team.