Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Electric Vehicle of The Year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vostok

Jul 1, 2017
Sydney
Today “Drive” (part of the Nine / -ex Fairfax group) released its winner in the “Electric Vehicle of the Year” category, leading up to the overall “Car of the Year” announcement next week.

Drive Electric Vehicle of the Year, powered by BP | Drive Car News

If you want to skip the article... Hyundai Kona was 3rd, Jaguar i-Pace was 2nd and you can guess what was first - Tesla Model 3.

Now, given that Drive Car of the Year is sponsored by BP, what are the odds that the overall winner will not use the sponsor’s product? :D:D:D:D:D

Reactions: Gnat666
Meanwhile near Lang Lang, Victoria, Wheels magasine Car of the Year judging is taking place.

Jon has trucked his Chargepod from Arthur River, WA filled it with bio-diesel in Melbourne, and installed it to charge the EV challengers Mercedes EQC and M3.

Jon invites any EVs (especially M3s) to visit him there and load some electrons.
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Attachments

• 20191112_093250.jpg
    20191112_093250.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20191112_093205.jpg
    20191112_093205.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Today “Drive” (part of the Nine / -ex Fairfax group) released its winner in the “Electric Vehicle of the Year” category, leading up to the overall “Car of the Year” announcement next week.

Drive Electric Vehicle of the Year, powered by BP | Drive Car News

If you want to skip the article... Hyundai Kona was 3rd, Jaguar i-Pace was 2nd and you can guess what was first - Tesla Model 3.

Now, given that Drive Car of the Year is sponsored by BP, what are the odds that the overall winner will not use the sponsor’s product? :D:D:D:D:D
Having an electric car of the year win the BP sponsored awards would be a huge marketing opportunity for BP to publicise its intent on charging station rollouts. BP have worked out that they need to adapt of fail.

If only some of the big petrol chains were that forward thinking .... I can see issues with some of the forecourt designs taking spots for longer charging periods, but there are some locations ripe for it ....maybe a charge fox & BP joint venture / collaboration first ...

If only some of the big petrol chains were that forward thinking .... I can see issues with some of the forecourt designs taking spots for longer charging periods, but there are some locations ripe for it ....maybe a charge fox & BP joint venture / collaboration first ...
I can kind of understand the thinking that EV chargers should be installed at servos... but they are not exactly pleasant places to spend any length of time at. It might be OK if it is part of a highway service centre with eateries adjacent etc.

Reactions: Hungry Mile
I can kind of understand the thinking that EV chargers should be installed at servos... but they are not exactly pleasant places to spend any length of time at. It might be OK if it is part of a highway service centre with eateries adjacent etc.
Many servo’s in adelaide now have a small supermarket, noodlebox, macca’s, hj’s, and many others. Often multiples. They also have a good indoor seating area with an amazing view.....of people filling their archaic cars with fossil fuel.