Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive info on MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an opportunity to sell my MYLR (for a great profit) and place an order for a 2022 MYP. I am concerned about the ride as compared to the MYLR. From what I am reading, most people say the ride is a little “stiffer/harsh” and some have talked about modifications they have done. Not really interested in putting any more $$ into the MYP after I get it, so would love perspectives on what I will sacrifice if I sell my 2021 MYLR and order a 2022 MYP. Thanks in advance.

I have an opportunity to sell my MYLR (for a great profit) and place an order for a 2022 MYP. I am concerned about the ride as compared to the MYLR. From what I am reading, most people say the ride is a little “stiffer/harsh” and some have talked about modifications they have done. Not really interested in putting any more $$ into the MYP after I get it, so would love perspectives on what I will sacrifice if I sell my 2021 MYLR and order a 2022 MYP. Thanks in advance.
Asking people how the ride will be is no different than you reading about it. Am I missing something? A few options: 1) Go to a Tesla store and test drive one; 2) Rent one for a day on Turo: 3) Find someone on the forums who will allow you to drive theirs or ride with them.

Having people tell you about the ride is not helpful as everyone has a different definition or ride quality.

The MYP has a damper setup that compromises comfort for grip there's no two ways about it. It's stiffer and has very grippy Pzeeros. One has to put this into context of an 11 second quarter mile car so it will never be confused for a soft and cushioned soccer mom vehicle. My wife is okay with the trade-off surprisingly. I figured she'd make more of a fuss but she likes the grip more than the comfort trade off. The dampers are an easy swap out for a proper coilover setup which will run from 3K to 4K.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I think it comes down to your driving style. I drove both LR and P; the LR is more comfortable and eats up more of the imperfections of the road however when taking corners the P felt more confident and planted.

I purchased a performance but few of my friends prefer LR.

Asking people how the ride will be is no different than you reading about it. Am I missing something? A few options: 1) Go to a Tesla store and test drive one; 2) Rent one for a day on Turo: 3) Find someone on the forums who will allow you to drive theirs or ride with them.

Having people tell you about the ride is not helpful as everyone has a different definition or ride quality.
This right here. One man’s harsh ride is another man’s Cadillac.

Reactions: rob968
My wife switched from a 2021 Mercedes GLE to the MYP on 12/5 and has not said a thing about the ride… only how much she loves the car. Of course, no one seeded her mind with “everyone says the ride is harsh, what do you think?”

One other perspective: I came from a 2022 Porsche 911 and a 2022 Land Rover Defender - neither were noticeably more or less harsh in the ride.

I say damn the torpedos. Quit taking on everyone else’s thoughts and just get the dang car. It rocks dude! Anyone who complains about the ride is just a complainer….

+1

You (meaning the op) will find the response you're looking for in that case. If you want to be convinced to get a MYP then I can tell you I love the way mine rides. I don't find it to be harsh but you also cannot compare it you a high end luxury vehicle. It's all relative. You'll find the answer you're looking for, but also ask yourself if you prefer the speed and other features that it has to offer... many items to weigh in on the decision...