Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive lights unbalanced.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what it looks like with the lights in the off position as it reflects of the car in front.

Attachments

• eyelid.png
    eyelid.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 188
It looks exactly the same on the garage wall as it does when you stand in front of it as it does in that same photo. It is not evidence like in a court of law dude. It's just an example of what the lights look like in ALL of those situations.

I got this reply from my query to Tesla just now. "This is a normal light pattern, it is going to be higher on the front right side, to illuminate road signs and lower on drivers side to prevent blinding oncoming traffic/ drivers."

Mind you this is only the driving light not any other light.

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Apparently we can adjust these things thru the service menu.
Yes, the headlights have always been adjustable. However you said daytime running light was brighter on one side. Adjusting the height of the headlights will not help you with your brightness issue. If that's the case then you should contact Tesla with a picture from the front of the car and start a service request.

Your driver’s side forward-facing daytime running light isn’t working. The flat white portion is still working, but not the brighter, forward facing portion. Pretty common problem that requires headlight fixture replacement. It’ll be covered under warranty if you haven’t exceeded the time/mileage.

Reactions: thesmokingman
Made another appointment on the app for the unbalanced lights. I also went to the service center without an appointment and spoke with a guy that helped me out. I should him my issues and the initial reply I got from Tesla and he said he never heard of that being normal. So we then looked at 7 different Model 3's that were at the SC and checked the driving lights. 3 had the same exact issue with one light was brighter than the other and it was not always the right one being brighter.

He said they will replace the dimmer one under warranty, I will just have to redo the clear pdf film thats on it.

Nailed it Big Earl!
Driver side forward facing drive lights not working. They had to replace the entire fixture and I was not the only Model 3 with this issue. The guy told me tons of cars have this problem but most to notice it. They had the part in stock dropped it off in the morning and picked t up later that afternoon. All is good now.

Reactions: Big Earl
Nailed it Big Earl!
Driver side forward facing drive lights not working. They had to replace the entire fixture and I was not the only Model 3 with this issue. The guy told me tons of cars have this problem but most to notice it. They had the part in stock dropped it off in the morning and picked t up later that afternoon. All is good now.

I'm pretty sure I said the same thing first!