Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive on Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our car tries to commit suicide while on autopilot with some regularity. Things are going just fine then all the sudden it beeps crazy and veers to the side (usually right, but sometimes to the left towards cars) and shuts off autopilot. Really makes us pay attention. I'd say it happens about once a day, but I only drive on weekends - my wife says it happens to her with some regularity too.

• Informative
Reactions: appleguru
Our car tries to commit suicide while on autopilot with some regularity. Things are going just fine then all the sudden it beeps crazy and veers to the side (usually right, but sometimes to the left towards cars) and shuts off autopilot. Really makes us pay attention. I'd say it happens about once a day, but I only drive on weekends - my wife says it happens to her with some regularity too.

That does not sound normal. You might want to schedule an appointment with your Service Center.

Reactions: boonedocks

My AP2 MS does this too sometimes... just did it about 20minutes ago actually.

For me it usually happens on local roads when it loses the lane line in the center and picks up a curb/sidewalk/what it thinks is a lane line on the right and dives toward it.

When it happened this AM, it beeped twice (*after* it dove); I had to turn left to correct pretty quickly.