TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Drive through Badlands in South Dakota

Discussion in 'Video' started by artsci, Jul 8, 2015.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

#1 artsci, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Yesterday, on our drive to TMC Connect, delanman and I took a minor detour to drive through the Badlands National Park. This gave me a great opportunity to try out my new Pivothead glasses, which have a camera built into the lens frame. The video shows my view in the driver's seat for a short segment of the drive. Note delanman's Model S occasionally showing in my rear view mirror. My dog can be heard panting in the background.

[video]https://youtu.be/6DbWrxnwqyI[/video]

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

@artsci, thanks for your post. I had not heard of the Pivothead glasses so I went to the company's website and read up on them. I take it you have the "original" model and not the new model that is being advertised as coming this summer? They sound pretty amazing.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Yes I have the original Pivotheads. My original video is HD. The YouTube version is dreadful. I'm going to change my settings so the HD version is shown.

4. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Just curious. What is the green indicator above the rear view mirror that shows an icon of a car and numbers (1.6, 1.8, 2.0)?

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

@Rockster, I believe that is an aftermarket Mobileye installation. There is a thread about it. @artsci has done a lot of cool mods to his S.

6. Owner

Owner Active Member

Love the badlands, did that last year in my Model S.

Too much time spent looking at that mini van though! I'd have either passed him or waited for the traffic to calm down and look at the scenery.