Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive unit failure/problem posts decreasing - reliability going up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had a drive unit failure a few hours ago. Sudden total loss of power whilst driving slowly on a suburban street. After a few minutes, the warning stopped and the car was able to continue but the problem recurred after about 500 metres so I pulled over and Tesla organised a flat tow. Currently done 101,000km but this is the second motor, the first was replaced at 32,000km as a result of the milling noise.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I just had a drive unit failure a few hours ago. Sudden total loss of power whilst driving slowly on a suburban street. After a few minutes, the warning stopped and the car was able to continue but the problem recurred after about 500 metres so I pulled over and Tesla organised a flat tow. Currently done 101,000km but this is the second motor, the first was replaced at 32,000km as a result of the milling noise.

Did the warnings indicate drive unit failure? Power loss could be a couple other things too.