Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Unit Replacement Poll

Drive Units Replaced

• 1 Units

Votes: 305 79.0%
  • 2 Units

Votes: 57 14.8%
  • 3 Units

Votes: 13 3.4%
  • 4 Units

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • 5+ Units

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got notification that my new motor has delivered. This is for a 2014 P85 RWD. 110K miles on it. They said that it was showing signs and recommended replacement.

Hello Besnik,

Additional parts have been ordered for servicing your car. We will send you updates twice a week until your service is completed.

Parts Received
  1. ASY,P-TRAIN,SPORT,MECH,COMPLETE,18.5 RTR
    Part #: 1002633-01-T
    Delivered: November 27, 2020

You may review, modify, or check the status of your appointment at anytime on your Tesla app. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for being a Tesla customer.

Tesla

My drive unit was replaced at 36,176 miles for a noise that Tesla is now calling "milling sound". The sound has recently come back and I am being told that Tesla is no longer replacing the drive unit for this noise, and it is "normal". This noise is destroying the resale value of my vehicle. I would not buy a car making this noise. It is NOT normal.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
My drive unit was replaced at 36,176 miles for a noise that Tesla is now calling "milling sound". The sound has recently come back and I am being told that Tesla is no longer replacing the drive unit for this noise, and it is "normal". This noise is destroying the resale value of my vehicle. I would not buy a car making this noise. It is NOT normal.
How many miles do you have now?