Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Unit Version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I'm getting a newer version as they came out with a T-Rev and non RMN: Clunking sounds

Parts Ordered for Your Service Visit

Hello Besnik,

Additional parts have been ordered for servicing your car. We will send you updates twice a week until your service is completed.

Parts Ordered
  1. ASY,P-TRAIN,SPORT, LARGE DU
    Part #: 1002633-01-T
    Order Date: November 13, 2020

You may review, modify, or check the status of your appointment at anytime on your Tesla app. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for being a Tesla customer.

Tesla

Please note: Parts required for your service that are available on site at our service center will not be listed here. Some parts ordered may not be installed during service if there is no fault found with the parts currently installed in the vehicle or if the parts are within Tesla standards.

Looks like I'm getting a newer version as they came out with a T-Rev and non RMN: Clunking sounds

Parts Ordered for Your Service Visit

Hello Besnik,

Additional parts have been ordered for servicing your car. We will send you updates twice a week until your service is completed.

Parts Ordered
  1. ASY,P-TRAIN,SPORT, LARGE DU
    Order Date: November 13, 2020

You may review, modify, or check the status of your appointment at anytime on your Tesla app. Please contact us if you have any questions.

Tesla

Please note: Parts required for your service that are available on site at our service center will not be listed here. Some parts ordered may not be installed during service if there is no fault found with the parts currently installed in the vehicle or if the parts are within Tesla standards.
Update:
Looks like more information about the motor now that is delivered.

Hello Besnik,

Parts Received
  1. ASY,P-TRAIN,SPORT,MECH,COMPLETE,18.5 RTR
    Delivered: November 27, 2020

Tesla​

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
Update:
Looks like more information about the motor now that is delivered.

Hello Besnik,

Parts Received
  1. ASY,P-TRAIN,SPORT,MECH,COMPLETE,18.5 RTR
    Delivered: November 27, 2020

Tesla​

Nice. Looks like you are getting a new DU instead of a remanufactured one.

Adding to an old thread.

My 2014 P85 just had it's 3rd drive replacement. I am at 96954 miles. This one one failed Isolation tests. The same error as last time. They replaced again with a 1025598-0-T

I am hoping for a lot of miles out of this one. I am out of warrantee in January 22.

Tesla Charlotte NC again provided great service. They also did the recall for the Tegra board memory issue.

Bobby

Reactions: besnova
Hi, I just had the replacement with the same model.

I wonder, anyone could share why your unit got replaced? Mine is having problem with the alert of "Power Reduced" show on the front panel. Then a very weak power to accelerate, also cannot going up hill. At the end repair engineer said it is the motor/engine issue. The old unit is 1002633-01-E
I just had the same issue, except mine never shifted back out of "Park" after those alerts appeared. Apparently a seal failed and coolant got into the drive unit. I was also hearing loud clunking noises whenever the car would start moving. The replacement drive unit is SO quite now. (ASY, P-TRAIN, RMN, MDLS, BASE, CMC, HS, FA2+ (1025276-00-Q)) was the part number. Replaced on January 6, 2022. 2014 Model S 60 (This is the 3rd drive unit. The original drive unit replaced in 2017).

January 2022 - Just adding to the list. I was having a very loud arcing/buzzing noise whenever the motor was getting power with some clunking noise on turning (not acceleration - which I thought might be axle related). They replaced the rear drive unit, a HV cable, and a rear DU mount. Car is a P85D with about 70k miles. All noises and clunking gone. I got a reman'd version of the T drive unit. The car does have the ESA and is still under the 8 year warranty. No charge for the cables, mount, etc.

ASY,P-TRAIN,REMAN, SPORT, LARGE DU(1025598-00-T)

So this past Saturday I got in the car (Oct 2017 S75) to drive from San Jose, CA to Monterrey, CA. There was a warning/notification on the dash and MCU displays:

"Powertrain requires service - OK to drive.
avoid hard acceleration - schedule service"

Also the error code "DL_W147" was displayed.

So, I went about my trip since it said OK to drive, but I did put it into Chill mode to help me limit my acceleration. I also immediately got on the app and made a service appt.

The next day I got a message asking about when this error first came up and how often, to which I answered this was the first time and it's persisted since it first showed up.

The next day, service was confirmed with a quote: $255 charge for labor to replace the drive unit (aka the main motor of the car). Interesting, as the car seems to be driving just fine still; so it's interesting that the system is able to apparently identify a critical failure pending, before it actually fails. That's pretty cool.

I sure wish this would happen to my main HV battery. LOL.

Estimate invoice is below. It's interesting that I seem to be getting a -R version of the 2633 sport DU, when others in this thread have received a -T version. I wonder if there's any difference.

1685564671754.png

So this past Saturday I got in the car (Oct 2017 S75) to drive from San Jose, CA to Monterrey, CA. There was a warning/notification on the dash and MCU displays:

"Powertrain requires service - OK to drive.
avoid hard acceleration - schedule service"

Also the error code "DL_W147" was displayed.

So, I went about my trip since it said OK to drive, but I did put it into Chill mode to help me limit my acceleration. I also immediately got on the app and made a service appt.

The next day I got a message asking about when this error first came up and how often, to which I answered this was the first time and it's persisted since it first showed up.

The next day, service was confirmed with a quote: $255 charge for labor to replace the drive unit (aka the main motor of the car). Interesting, as the car seems to be driving just fine still; so it's interesting that the system is able to apparently identify a critical failure pending, before it actually fails. That's pretty cool.

I sure wish this would happen to my main HV battery. LOL.

Estimate invoice is below. It's interesting that I seem to be getting a -R version of the 2633 sport DU, when others in this thread have received a -T version. I wonder if there's any difference.

View attachment 942784
Will the $255 for diagnostic labor be refunded since a warrantied component was discovered to be the culprit? I'm assuming there was an issue with the electrical component (inverter) but does anyone have any more insight into what appears to be the problem?

Reactions: seenhear
Will the $255 for diagnostic labor be refunded since a warrantied component was discovered to be the culprit? I'm assuming there was an issue with the electrical component (inverter) but does anyone have any more insight into what appears to be the problem?
I don't have any more insight, but will definitely ask about that $255 charge when I go in for the SC appointment.

Reactions: maximizese