Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive Unit Version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would b nice to know what version the replacement drive units are that folks are getting. On your repair order it will say something like this.

Replaced vehicles rear drive unit assembly. Secured rear suspension and topped off all
fluids. IR
Part Quantity 1

ASY,PTRAIN,
RMN,MDLS,BASE,CMC,HS,FA2+
(1025276-00-Q)
"Q" is the version number, yes they started with "A"
Is anyone beyond Q maybe R, S, T. Hopefully not W,X,Y or Z

Reactions: apacheguy
On the service invoice.
Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 8.12.54 AM.png

Mine was never as quiet (and I think powerful) as this one is so it is nice to have a better drive than I had initially.

Of course, they did not fix the issue I brought it in for which was a knocking/grinding in the front wheel well which, of course, did not repo when I was at the stop, and happened again last night. Sigh...

2014 P85 done on April 19th. Got a P unit.

ASY,P-TRAIN,RMN,MDLS,SPORT,CMC,HS 1 (1025598-00-P)

Hi, I just had the replacement with the same model.

I wonder, anyone could share why your unit got replaced? Mine is having problem with the alert of "Power Reduced" show on the front panel. Then a very weak power to accelerate, also cannot going up hill. At the end repair engineer said it is the motor/engine issue. The old unit is 1002633-01-E

I wonder, anyone could share why your unit got replaced?

Mine just had a clunk when going from coast to acceleration at low speeds.

I checked with the SC and when a drive unit is replaced the new drive unit needs a fluid change after the first year. I had to specifically ask about it, they didn't mention it when I picked the car up which I find odd.