Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver’s seat height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am at most five feet tall, and I drive a 2015 model S. With the seat raised as high as it will go, I still need a cushion to sit on in order not to be a menace on the road. I am currently trying to decide between an S and a Y for my next Tesla, and I think the Y would let me toss the cushion. Do the seats on the latest S go any higher than the old ones? How much extra visibility will the yoke give me over the wheel? I’ve been unable to find a new S to sit in, much less test drive, so I’m looking for short people to give me opinion.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I am at most five feet tall, and I drive a 2015 model S. With the seat raised as high as it will go, I still need a cushion to sit on in order not to be a menace on the road. I am currently trying to decide between an S and a Y for my next Tesla, and I think the Y would let me toss the cushion. Do the seats on the latest S go any higher than the old ones? How much extra visibility will the yoke give me over the wheel? I’ve been unable to find a new S to sit in, much less test drive, so I’m looking for short people to give me opinion.
Ask Randy Newman. Love his song about short people.😊

Hey I don’t know if y’all still need this info. I’ve been having WAY too much fun driving this car I’ve been away from the forums.

I’m 5’ 3” and have NO visibility issues with the S refresh with a yoke. The top is at dashboard level.

Reactions: Ormond