Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver’s seat jammed up against center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it normal for the driver’s seat to be compressed against the center console? The passenger’s seat doesn’t do this. It makes such a loud rubbing noise each time I get into and out of the car, that I think the p/u leather will soon wear away at that spot.

Attachments

• 5B452578-120B-4625-892B-40E15AD121E6.jpeg
    5B452578-120B-4625-892B-40E15AD121E6.jpeg
    393 KB · Views: 440
Is it normal for the driver’s seat to be compressed against the center console? The passenger’s seat doesn’t do this. It makes such a loud rubbing noise each time I get into and out of the car, that I think the p/u leather will soon wear away at that spot.
depending on year and model it is "normal". i have a nov 2016 s with upgrade seats and they have rubbed since day 1. dealer said there is no adjustment

• Informative
Reactions: 2left
FWiW, I called a showroom and was told that there should not be a gap so the seat isn't compressed against the center console, and told me to schedule a service. I'll see what happens.

*edit* Yay, I got an appointment for November 24. One week improvement in wait time since my last appointment (which was just last week).

Last edited:
I drove down to the showroom that told me there should be a gap between the driver's seat and the center console to look at the MY they have on display. Turns out, that one also has the driver's seat compressed against the console, so I figure it must be norma.

My seat is not forced up against the arm rest likes yours, but I still wish it was pushed away more. When I place my butt in the middle of the driver seat, the steering wheel is not lined up properly. To sit directly behind the wheel, I’m sitting partially on the left lip of the seat. It’s not really that comfortable.

My seat is not forced up against the arm rest likes yours, but I still wish it was pushed away more. When I place my butt in the middle of the driver seat, the steering wheel is not lined up properly. To sit directly behind the wheel, I’m sitting partially on the left lip of the seat. It’s not really that comfortable.
Intersting - what is your build date? I wonder if the compressions is "normal" in the way that having a misaligned frunk is "normal", and there are just a lot of MYs at the showrooms that have that issue.

Model Y (2021)- vin ending in 66122 - front seat pic - not mashed up against center console.

Attachments

• model y seat gap.jpg
    model y seat gap.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 180