Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver’s side door and windows issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m got my Model Y right before Christmas 2021 when my order was expected to arrive in July of this year. After receiving my car, I’ve been experiencing issues with the driver’s side door not closing flush or window not closing properly. I’ve been calling in service requests a couple of time and they have sent a technician to fix the issue. Each time they seem to hammer in the door trim and it fixes it for a short time and then start to periodically act up again. It’s been happening throughout the year, but I was still driving my old car through out the winter last year and only started to use my car more this summer.

I just picked up my car a week ago from maintenance because I got message about my low power front driver being disabled. They fixed my front inverter and fixed my door finally so I didn’t need to slam my door to close it flush.

This week I think the trim again is getting in the way and causing my window to not shut properly.

I fixed it last night by trying to pound the trim on my driver’s side door again and am needing to call service to only do they same thing all over again. Getting annoyed at my new car thinking I got a deflective one since it delivered so early after order. Worried what is going to happens when it rains or snows in the winter (Ottawa, ON Canada). At home I can keep the car in my garage. But if this continues to happen I can’t have a window not close in the winter.

I can continue to get them to service the door. But what happens after my warranty is over. I’m not sure if anyone else has this issue. Sort of regretting my purchase despite enjoying the car when the door works fine. It’s only with the driver’s side door and window.

I’m not sure if I am the only person with this problem?!