Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver’s Side Interior Panel Popped Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D63375FB-5CC3-463A-BA62-8EB27207AC02.jpeg
1AC0D141-DA2B-45CF-95B0-67D126905569.jpeg
New model 3 owner here (June 15th delivery). Just had this happen while getting into the car. A couple of clips on the panel that holds the seatbelt on the driver’s side popped off.

I tried popping it back in but it doesn’t hold. Scheduled a mobile service with Tesla. I think it should be covered by warranty.

Your thoughts? Advice? Is this a common issue?

Another issue with build quality. Talk to you service center - they'll fix it. Should be under warranty, considering your car probably has less than 15,000 miles on it.

This is where BMW - Audi - MB - and potentially Rivian ... will be able to beat Tesla.

Tesla needs to step up the build quality.
He stated this happened while getting into the car.

Please read before posting

He stated this happened while getting into the car.

Please read before posting

Initially I thought it was me getting into the car. After going through photos I had of the car when it was 5 days old, there is the same gap there. I may have driven it about 100 miles at that point.

It’s not like I jumped into the car all “Dukes of Hazard” style.

Just noticed it about 3 weeks later. Could’ve been there Day 1, but I don’t have pictures from that angle at that time.

I don't know why people think BMW is so great (or any car manufacturer for that matter).

I had a 2018 BMW, and it was flawless. But there where many MANY people who had nightmares regarding the internal LED ambient lighting, steering wheel vibrations (or lack thereof), faulty sensors, 'soft' glass, crappy paint quality.. etc etc etc.

It's called the bottom line. Companies try to save money, whether it be quality of product, speed of production, etc. And ANY time you try to save money, you risk lowering the quality of the end product. They are trying to ramp up speed of production, it's expected to find faults.

That being said, they should 100% cover any faults up to a certain point, which they do appear to be doing. I have a faulty speaker (front left, under corner of windshield) and they've already asked for pictures to confirm the location etc, so they have all the right equipment so they can swap out what is needed and get me going again.

Considering the car itself has been out for only a few years, I think Tesla is doing just fine. And I am confident they will resolve the OPs issue.

View attachment 427321 View attachment 427320 New model 3 owner here (June 15th delivery). Just had this happen while getting into the car. A couple of clips on the panel that holds the seatbelt on the driver’s side popped off.

I tried popping it back in but it doesn’t hold. Scheduled a mobile service with Tesla. I think it should be covered by warranty.

Your thoughts? Advice? Is this a common issue?
Same thing happened to me today on my model 3. I couldn’t pop the panel back in. I would hope it’s under warranty.

Attachments

• 7561A448-CB8B-4E2A-A9C4-50D72312D8EC.jpeg
    7561A448-CB8B-4E2A-A9C4-50D72312D8EC.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 149
  • C1EE772C-FDD9-407D-B7C3-66FA66431296.jpeg
    C1EE772C-FDD9-407D-B7C3-66FA66431296.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 148