Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Asleep on Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've driven through the Canadian Prairies a couple of times in cars without autopilot and it sucked every time. At the time I wished there was something that could allow me to sleep while driving.

Apprently someone actually did that in a Model S yesterday in Alberta, Canada and the car didn't pull over for police (which it is not supposed to do yet). Driver and passenger seats were "fully reclined".

It will be interesting to see how this court case plays out.

Be safe everyone!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...a-ponoka-speeding-dangerous-driving-1.5727828

I've driven through the Canadian Prairies a couple of times in cars without autopilot and it sucked every time. At the time I wished there was something that could allow me to sleep while driving.

Apprently someone actually did that in a Model S yesterday in Alberta, Canada and the car didn't pull over for police (which it is not supposed to do yet). Driver and passenger seats were "fully reclined".

Be safe everyone!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmo...a-ponoka-speeding-dangerous-driving-1.5727828

I think people who drive autopilot and sleep are bunch of retards and will literally ruin everyone else who actually enjoys autopilot. One of these days I am going to see a new law pass and they are going to start restricting autopilot because some idiot dies using AP the wrong way. It just takes that 1 idiot to ruin for the rest of us.

Sorry I need to rant.

I think people who drive autopilot and sleep are bunch of retards and will literally ruin everyone else who actually enjoys autopilot. One of these days I am going to see a new law pass and they are going to start restricting autopilot because some idiot dies using AP the wrong way. It just takes that 1 idiot to ruin for the rest of us.

Sorry I need to rant.
Definitely someone who shouldn’t be procreating.

Sorry I need to rant.

Don‘t be sorry, eh.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Although I’m not surprised Autopilot accomplished Lvl 5 autonomy on the TransCanada highway in Alberta. There are no stop lights, stop signs, rail crossings, or towns anywhere near where they were driving. Just a 4 lane straight highway for 1000km.

Glad no one was hurt.

I've driven through the Canadian Prairies a couple of times in cars without autopilot and it sucked every time.
At the time I wished there was something that could allow me to sleep while driving.
Apprently someone actually did that in a Model S yesterday in Alberta,
Canada and the car didn't pull over for police (which it is not supposed to do yet).
Driver and passenger seats were "fully reclined".
Be safe everyone!
How this can be possible since you need to keep your hands on the wheels every minute or so?

Is 150 kmhr the highest autopilot speed in Canada? That’s about 93 mph, and autopilot maxes out at 90 in the US.

Yes. Also very stupid to have it set so high on autopilot. Especially that stretch of road as it’s so easy to get picked off by radar. The road is so straight and flat that you can see the curvature of the earth in the distance (unless you’re a flat earther... in that case gtfo this forum).

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec and BDV300
Yes. Also very stupid to have it set so high on autopilot. Especially that stretch of road as it’s so easy to get picked off by radar. The road is so straight and flat that you can see the curvature of the earth in the distance (unless you’re a flat earther... in that case gtfo this forum).

I guess he wanted to assure he'd die in his sleep if something went wrong. :)