TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Driver Assistance Features Unavailable after update

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by neptune2000, Feb 27, 2016.

1. neptune2000

Car run fine for a day after the latest update, now I get the message above on the console. Everything seems to run fine. Anyone else seeing this?

image.jpeg

2. simonog

simonog Member

Try 1) reboot and 2) ensure the screen is clean in the camera region and 3) check all sensors for damage/muck which might limit effectiveness.

3. neptune2000

reboot did nothing, but after 2 hours of having the message solid on the screen, it went away and has not come back.

4. ilikechowfan

ilikechowfan Member

Same happened to me when I took my car to Blaine from Vancouver to pick up some packages. Oddly enough the message was only there when I was in the states and went away shortly after returning to Canada. This was on 2.10.xx though.

5. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Did you do what the car told you to and contact Tesla? They could look at your logs and tell you more then we could... although it sounds like it just recalibrated.

6. mrElbe

mrElbe Member

A good blast to the radar unit at a DIY car wash always restores functionality for me.

7. yak-55

yak-55 Member

i had this problem and did call the SC. They looked at the logs and suggested I bring the car in to have the sensors "recalibrated". Although the problem did self resolve before I got to service, I did have the procedure done. Only ever saw the problem the one time. Hope this helps.

8. Trailblazer

Trailblazer Member

I saw this same issue the day after updating to 2.12.126 - first time I've seen this. It went away the next time I started the car and I haven't seen it since. I checked my radar, camera, and sensors and they were completely clear.

9. ncent

ncent Member

I have Version 2.12.126 and this just happened to me also. I rebooted both the instrument cluster and 17 inch screen without any help! I then called Tesla and support had me go into controls, e-brake & power off and turned the power off for one minute! Then touched the brake to turn on the car. So far so good! He said if this didn't work long term that my sensor had to be adjusted. Not sure what he meant by that other than a trip to SC was needed!

10. yak-55

yak-55 Member

Here's a copy of the work order from my service visit. This might help if the problem recurs. (Sorry for the first weird orientationtation)
    yak-55

image.jpeg