TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Driver Assistance Features Unavailable error message

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by azred, Feb 20, 2017.

1. azred

azred Member

This message started popping up a couple weeks ago. I realize it had been discussed here before, however, I thought it was rather amusing the answer I got after my third report:

"Since you have a newer vehicle with new hardware and software – the components need to learn to work together with software updates."

That's pretty funny since the car worked fine for weeks before generating this error message.The first two trouble reports to Tesla yielded email messages that I would be contacted after investigating my logs, and of course, I was not contacted later.

2. Jim J

Jim J Member

I get the same and it started a few months ago. Car is 10 months old

3. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

I get that message occasionally. I attribute it to temporary condensation in the camera housing.

4. Looking-for-S

Looking-for-S Member

I've had this also and was told at the SC it's a known issue to be addressed by a future update. I have not been able to correlate these with temperature or local weather, but it always seems to happen on the first drive of the day and go away on the next start cycle.

5. ncent

ncent Member

It started with my model S 100D yesterday. I called Tesla but they could not fix it remotely. Has anyone determine the cause of this?

Attached Files:

6. azred

azred Member

I was told by Tesla a couple days ago when they were following up on my complaint in February that it usually means the cameras are calibrating and is normal behavior. I haven't had the message in at least a month.

7. ncent

ncent Member

Radar is off and geolocation on the Tesla app. isn't working. Dan

8. ncent

ncent Member

The SC is replacing a control module! Hope to have the car back today.