TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Driver Assistance Features Unavailable

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by jhcw, Aug 17, 2016.

1. jhcw

jhcw Member

Has anyone else had this problem? I picked up my X mid-June and the Autopilot stopped working after 2 weeks. It went into the SC 4 weeks ago. It needs a new Autopilot module apparently, but 'there aren't any of these in the country' - a bit odd as the SC is 20mins from Fremont - and no timeline for one being available. Has anyone had this problem and awaiting a fully functioning autopilot?

2. mf66

mf66 Member

I have had this come and go. It actually shows up if I leave the car at the airport. The. I get home and the next day it would work... Or not.

I took it into the SC in Chicago and they said I need the module. Same as you. Out of stock.

I did drive 800 miles last weekend and it worked flawlessly. Not sure what's going on.

3. Big Ern

Big Ern Member

I got it this afternoon for awhile, got home powered down the car and did the display reset and problem went away.

4. lundse50

lundse50 Member

I noticed that my X gave me the same message yesterday and then again today. I will try the reset. thanks

5. DrMatt

DrMatt Member

Have the same problem, very intermittent. Bit ominous that it's a hardware fix, i was hoping the next OTA would resolve.... i'm now waiting for the Heathrow SC to call me back...

6. dark

dark Member

Is the OP referring to AP1.0? Since this post started in August?

For AP2.0, I get this message everyday, the AP is useless right now until they fix this issue by software update I hope.

7. lundse50

lundse50 Member

Resetting the software did nothing to correct it for me. I received the latest software update today with side collision warning but this did not fix the issue so I will call support.

8. Plastic6

Plastic6 Member

My model x p100d is on its way. I'm really struggling to take delivery due to the autopilot
    I don't want it unless it's better thank my ap1 car. I had a MS p85d and totaled it. Any thoughts on taking delivery of a $160,000 car on hopes and dreams

Attached Files:

9. lundse50

lundse50 Member

I was told today by Tesla Support Charlotte NC that the driver assist issue will be fixed with a software update. Until then the only feature that is working for me is auto-cruise. I don't know when we will at least get to be equivalent to AP1 functionality.

10. Sluggah

Sluggah Active Member

I had an AP2 loaner last week and none of it was active. I was told that it's not going to be active for a while.

I miss my AP1 X and cannot wait to get it back.

11. Sluggah

Sluggah Active Member

$160K on a car......geeez must be nice to have that kind of money :)

12. DrMatt

DrMatt Member

So got the update and no improvement- if anything now worse. Called support and they couldn't do anything, so off to the SC :-(

13. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

I have 100 + miles on AP 2.0. Both software updates. Still not ready for prime time. In this video I did not keep my hands on the wheel. Found out the next day it started flashing red hands on the wheel and telling me to place both hands on the wheel. So keep both hands on the wheel.

14. TesTreks

TesTreks Member

Not when the resulting car is flawed.

15. DrMatt

DrMatt Member

So after a day or two clear, the issue came back this evening, I cleaned cameras and sonar but no avail. In the meantime no one has contacted me from Tesla service despite a ticket being raised and emails sent days ago. Pretty disappointing to be honest. Feels like the back office operation is getting overloaded in the U.K.

Has anyone else heard this will be a software fix? Seems to be mixed messages being provided from full hardware swop out to OTA- anyone else hear anything?

16. Terthen

Terthen Member

I've been getting this problem every day since the last OTA update. Reset didn't do anything. I'll put in a ticket too.

17. ming

ming Member

@DrMatt does the warning stay up the entire time you're driving? Mine is in service right now and I get the message even with the latest upgrade. My AP still works when I'm in the highway which is the only spot they'll let you turn on AP. Service told me that it's a bug when it pops up and that it will be fixed in a future update that's not available yet.

The more annoying one is being told the Tesla needs service. Contact tesla service message was popping up because of a bug.

18. DrMatt

DrMatt Member

Yes stays up the whole time. Resets will sometimes clear, sometime not. Going into SC Next week

19. lundse50

lundse50 Member

I am still having that problem. Version 17.5.28 I heard another update is available now. I am just waiting for my car to officially receive it. The only driver assist feature that is working is auto cruise though sometimes it slows down on the highway when it encounters large overhead signs.

20. Finder

Finder Member

Same here.