Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Assistance Features Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else had this problem? I picked up my X mid-June and the Autopilot stopped working after 2 weeks. It went into the SC 4 weeks ago. It needs a new Autopilot module apparently, but 'there aren't any of these in the country' - a bit odd as the SC is 20mins from Fremont - and no timeline for one being available. Has anyone had this problem and awaiting a fully functioning autopilot?

I have had this come and go. It actually shows up if I leave the car at the airport. The. I get home and the next day it would work... Or not.

I took it into the SC in Chicago and they said I need the module. Same as you. Out of stock.

I did drive 800 miles last weekend and it worked flawlessly. Not sure what's going on.

Have the same problem, very intermittent. Bit ominous that it's a hardware fix, i was hoping the next OTA would resolve.... i'm now waiting for the Heathrow SC to call me back...

Resetting the software did nothing to correct it for me. I received the latest software update today with side collision warning but this did not fix the issue so I will call support.

My model x p100d is on its way. I'm really struggling to take delivery due to the autopilot
I don't want it unless it's better thank my ap1 car. I had a MS p85d and totaled it. Any thoughts on taking delivery of a $160,000 car on hopes and dreams

Attachments

• IMG_4341.JPG
    IMG_4341.JPG
    829.9 KB · Views: 90
I was told today by Tesla Support Charlotte NC that the driver assist issue will be fixed with a software update. Until then the only feature that is working for me is auto-cruise. I don't know when we will at least get to be equivalent to AP1 functionality.

I have 100 + miles on AP 2.0. Both software updates. Still not ready for prime time. In this video I did not keep my hands on the wheel. Found out the next day it started flashing red hands on the wheel and telling me to place both hands on the wheel. So keep both hands on the wheel.

I was told today by Tesla Support Charlotte NC that the driver assist issue will be fixed with a software update. Until then the only feature that is working for me is auto-cruise. I don't know when we will at least get to be equivalent to AP1 functionality.

So after a day or two clear, the issue came back this evening, I cleaned cameras and sonar but no avail. In the meantime no one has contacted me from Tesla service despite a ticket being raised and emails sent days ago. Pretty disappointing to be honest. Feels like the back office operation is getting overloaded in the U.K.

Has anyone else heard this will be a software fix? Seems to be mixed messages being provided from full hardware swop out to OTA- anyone else hear anything?

@DrMatt does the warning stay up the entire time you're driving? Mine is in service right now and I get the message even with the latest upgrade. My AP still works when I'm in the highway which is the only spot they'll let you turn on AP. Service told me that it's a bug when it pops up and that it will be fixed in a future update that's not available yet.

The more annoying one is being told the Tesla needs service. Contact tesla service message was popping up because of a bug.

@DrMatt does the warning stay up the entire time you're driving? Mine is in service right now and I get the message even with the latest upgrade. My AP still works when I'm in the highway which is the only spot they'll let you turn on AP. Service told me that it's a bug when it pops up and that it will be fixed in a future update that's not available yet.

The more annoying one is being told the Tesla needs service. Contact tesla service message was popping up because of a bug.

Yes stays up the whole time. Resets will sometimes clear, sometime not. Going into SC Next week

I am still having that problem. Version 17.5.28 I heard another update is available now. I am just waiting for my car to officially receive it. The only driver assist feature that is working is auto cruise though sometimes it slows down on the highway when it encounters large overhead signs.