Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Assistance Not Available.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driver Assistance Not Available.......I had this message one week into getting the car. One visit to the service centre, recalibration of the radar and everything was OK....for one day. I was quite fed-up at this point, both with the recurring error and with the less-than-optimal service I had at the Service Centre.

After about 2 weeks driving without Autopilot and TACC, I finally arranged another visit to the Service Centre. This time round, a different Service Advisor attended to me and I must say the experience this time was much better. The SA took time to explain the various possibilities, was apologetic for the inconvenience, and told me it was likely a problem with the 8.0 update rather than a hardware problem but they will also take a look at the hardware.

Got the car back today and so far it has been working perfectly. Turns out it wasn't a hardware issue but another recalibration of the radar was done. SA again met me to give me a rundown of what had been done. I have to say this time round, I found the whole atmosphere at the Service Centre was changed for the better. I hope it stays this way and the stress of the upcoming Model X deliveries will not spoil the experience. SA said that this issue with Autopilot was not uncommon after the 8.0 upgrade and it sometimes take 2 visits to the Service Centre before things get sorted out.

Fingers crossed......