Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver assistance not working and eventual breakdown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share an experience.

I have 100D (only 3 months old). We've had an error show up to the effect of Driver Assistance not available - call Service centre. Tried rebooting the computer, cleaned the car/sensors etc and problem still there. Since the problem, haven't been able to do a Software update and sat nav not working but could still drive the car.

Contacted a local service centre (after waiting 20 mins on the phone) and were promised a call back from another Tesla centre. This was 2 days ago, and we never got the call back. Today, the car just 'broke down' - error message regarding the air suspension malfunction advised. Rang the breakdown number and after 30 mins got through to someone in Holland who has organised for the vehicle to be collected this evening. Luckily this breakdown has happened at home.

I want to say to say that we absolutely love the car - the best I have ever had. However, when things go wrong, the service seems suboptimal (waiting so long to speak to someone, no call back when promised). Not too impressed having spent over 100k. Is this other people's experience? Am I just unlucky?

• Funny
Reactions: jeffro01
New to Tesla...its our first one. I guess new members have to start somewhere??? Told you we love the car and its the best we've had. What do you find so 'fishy'?

No need to get defensive. What I said, if you would have actually read my post was that I find it odd that so many, not just you, "have suddenly started posting about issues with their first post". Most people sign up on TMC before they buy their Tesla to help along the processes not just start out complaining. Which is what you and a few others have done in the last few days.....odd, that is all I said. And yes it is "fishy"

There have been many posts from obvious trolls, attempting to disparage Tesla. Because of these previous negative posts, from non Tesla owners, some have gotten a little defensive.

If this is not the case for you, we welcome your informative post. Perhaps it will be of help for someone else that might have a similar issue.

Overall the Tesla service support teams have been pretty terrific in assisting owners.

How popular is Tesla in Holland? Norway seems to get all the European press as it is a super popular vehicle there.

It's odd that there's a few "new members" all of a sudden with issues and their first post is about issues, not typical of this site.

I expected my Model X and Tesla service to fail me.

Seems fishy.

Think about it though. A happy owner is not as likely to go around looking for somewhere to post about how great a car is, an upset owner or someone with an issue is out there searching for a solution though.

I can say when you call road side assistance be prepared to wait.
I am waiting a call back now "as all agents are working with other owners"

I have also called and tried to outwait the hold time for another issue...and gave up after 20 minutes.
Tesla needs more phone help I think.

Tesla is becoming more and more mainstream, and as that happens, there will be fewer and fewer people obsessively researching it prior to delivery (and hence members on TMC). So it is expected that there will be more first-time posters complaining of an issue. But for every one of these, there will likely be 10-100 first-time owners not posting on TMC.

Also, there can be a new change/flaw introduced into vehicles being delivered now that would also explain why many first-time posters are complaining of issues.

Let's not be jaded here and allow first-time posters a venue to vent and research their issues without assuming the worst.

Here in So Cal, I have contacted Tesla Customer service twice, and both time the mobile team came out to fix the issue next day. Our closest service center is 1 hour away without traffic and in LA there is almost always traffic. It is so nice we don't have to spend the time driving there, wait and drive back.

There have been many posts from obvious trolls, attempting to disparage Tesla. Because of these previous negative posts, from non Tesla owners, some have gotten a little defensive.

If this is not the case for you, we welcome your informative post. Perhaps it will be of help for someone else that might have a similar issue.

Overall the Tesla service support teams have been pretty terrific in assisting owners.

How popular is Tesla in Holland? Norway seems to get all the European press as it is a super popular vehicle there.
Tesla is becoming more and more mainstream, and as that happens, there will be fewer and fewer people obsessively researching it prior to delivery (and hence members on TMC). So it is expected that there will be more first-time posters complaining of an issue. But for every one of these, there will likely be 10-100 first-time owners not posting on TMC.

Also, there can be a new change/flaw introduced into vehicles being delivered now that would also explain why many first-time posters are complaining of issues.

Let's not be jaded here and allow first-time posters a venue to vent and research their issues without assuming the worst.

Thanks for your response. I personally don’t have a problem with new cars breaking down - it happens with all makes but problems can be fixed.

My main concern is the 1/2 hour it took me to get through on an Emergency Breakdown Number (someone else posted 20 mins). Luckily I was at home when I had to call them but what if I was on a motorway/highway? Are these acceptable waiting times? Unless you have had to use the number you may not be aware of this issue...until off course the time that you actually need to call them. I do feel there is some value in posting bad experiences and hopefully manufacturers will address the issues.

On a positive side, Tesla gave us a virtually new BMW X5 courtesy car and their personnel are very friendly and helpful to talk to so well done to them on this aspect. Hopefully getting the car back soon......