TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driver door chrome trim hits FWD chrome trim

Discussion in 'Model X' started by redox, Jul 25, 2019.

1. redox

redox Member

When I close my (driver) door, it makes a big "metal against metal" sound. I found out it's because the chrome trim runs into the FWD's trim. See attached picture. It didn't use to do that...

FWD_Problem.jpg

Is there something that got out of alignment? Perhaps the position of the car when you close the FWD determines where it's going to "land" and that could be "too far forward"?

Is there any adjustment I can try and to myself?

Thanks in advance!

2. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

The service center adjusted ours

3. redox

redox Member

Thanks for the info. Is that a "while you wait" kind of adjustment or is it a "drop off, get a rental, come back tomorrow" kind of thing?

4. Sandiegodoug

Sandiegodoug Member

When we first took delivery, door was off and they adjusted a little. Took extra 45 minutes I think, but that was before the model 3 flood.

• Informative x 1