Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Door Doesn't unlock properly...maybe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question as to how the door unlocks. I prefer to push the unlock button on the door which should have the window do down, the lock unlatch and the door slightly (1/4 inch) open. I then gather my stuff with both hands full and use my elbow to push open the door. This is how the passenger and back seat doors work. However, the driver side door will lock again. I now can't get out without holding down the unlock AND pushing open the door again. Of course I now know this so I have to open the door first.

I called Tesla to ask what is normal and they didn't really seem to know. My point to them is that all doors should operate the same and they agreed so we scheduled service. The service tech said to replace the locking mechanism. Unfortunately, I was out of town and my wife picked it up and it does the same thing (though not quite but the effect is the same)

Does anyone else have this happen?

Curious if there is something misaligned on my car.

I have a question as to how the door unlocks. I prefer to push the unlock button on the door which should have the window do down, the lock unlatch and the door slightly (1/4 inch) open. I then gather my stuff with both hands full and use my elbow to push open the door. This is how the passenger and back seat doors work. However, the driver side door will lock again. I now can't get out without holding down the unlock AND pushing open the door again. Of course I now know this so I have to open the door first.

I called Tesla to ask what is normal and they didn't really seem to know. My point to them is that all doors should operate the same and they agreed so we scheduled service. The service tech said to replace the locking mechanism. Unfortunately, I was out of town and my wife picked it up and it does the same thing (though not quite but the effect is the same)

Does anyone else have this happen?

Curious if there is something misaligned on my car.
Did you ever find a resolution? The front passenger door on my vehicle is doing exactly the same thing.