Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door handle not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone think they can rig my drivers door handle to work? Or know where I can find a replacement?

Current state is the handle will present but not open the door. Tesla wont have stock until some time in November, no fixed date so that could mean November 30th in Tesla time. I have no idea why they couldn't courier one out in a day or two.

Just to quantify what a pain this is I now need to enter the car through either front passenger side or one of the rear doors and clamber over to the driver seat.

Not a very elegant look and certainly something that Tesla needs to rectify quickly.

If you aren't driving alone then you could ask your front seat passenger to help you open from inside. I hope you haven't yet got center console installed yet or else it'll be very clumsy to climb over.

I guess it's not the handle itself (extending is OK) that isn't working it must be something electro-mechanical inside the door that requires parts from USA HQ. To wait for something over a month is certainly not acceptable, perhaps you want to speak to the service manager to express your needs.

Current state is the handle will present but not open the door. Tesla wont have stock until some time in November, no fixed date so that could mean November 30th in Tesla time. I have no idea why they couldn't courier one out in a day or two.

Just to quantify what a pain this is I now need to enter the car through either front passenger side or one of the rear doors and clamber over to the driver seat.

Completely unacceptable.

I suggest you call Tesla service and ask to be transferred to the manager. Then tell him you have to climb over the the seats to enter from the passenger side, and his service department has told you they can't fix it until November.