Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door makes clicking sound, passenger door no worky

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a lot of issues with our Model X doors, the driver's door opens but "clicks" like it's wanting to do something else. Also the passenger door now will not open when you press the "handle" or when you push the screen prompt. Also, the FWDs, both side sometimes open all the way and sometimes do not for no apparent reason. We have also come to our car to find one FWD open in a public parking lot (scary). We've only had this care for 2-3 days and the issues are continual. I am not happy about this crap. How can a product this flawed be released to the public, I'm thinking the Tesla Model X is the Windows Vista of automobiles.

Try pulling the door all the way open and then climb in the car and put your foot on the brake to see if it closes.

I had the same problem today with the auto open door and that resolved it for me.

On the passenger door try the same thing but use the inside handle or pull it closed.

Try pulling the door all the way open and then climb in the car and put your foot on the brake to see if it closes.

I had the same problem today with the auto open door and that resolved it for me.

On the passenger door try the same thing but use the inside handle or pull it closed.

We have "auto open" turned off, it's when the driver's door is open, it clicks continuously. The passenger door seems to open from the inside (most of the time). It's when you click the handle, it doesn't open. It does un-click so you can get your nail in there and pry the door open. There is absolutely no excuse for the passenger door not working. The falcon wing doors seem to work perfectly. Honestly, I do not understand the automatic front doors insofar why they need to be so complicated. If they would have worked like the doors in our S, I would have been a happy camper. Now that no handle presents itself, you are 100% reliant on the automatic mechanisms working.

OK. But did you pry it open all of the way? Then get in the car and press the brake to have it close completely? Then try the handle inside to see if it opens without clicking? You might have to repeat this one time and the same for the passenger door.

If it still clicks after that then I suspect something may have come loose inside.

My passenger side doesn't close well not fully lock. I have an upcoming appoint at the SC but no rush.

My GF found if you softly close the door and just get it to touch, the mechanism pulls the door closes and latches. I was trying to slam the door closed and it wasn't working. Of course it took a women's touch to figure it out!

About the auto open/close doors... Absolutely love it!! I find myself walking away from my S forgetting it didn't have automatic doors and griping under my breath. LOL.

I had that, and the door wouldn't open from the outside. I tried all those recalibration suggestions in other threads. No luck. I was passing near the Dublin service center so I stopped by without an appointment on Saturday. They took a look, said "we'll get back to you." Today they picked up the car at 10, left Model S loaner, and retuned the X by 4. Said they recalibrated the latching mechanism. I asked if it was something I could've done myself and the guy said nope, it had to be done by a technician.

It's the only issue I've had in two weeks.

• Helpful
Reactions: loganintx