TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Driver door not closing completely after 8.0

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by qadaemon, Oct 9, 2016.

1. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

8.0 installed Friday and I never had this problem before. Coincidence, perhaps. Every few door shuts, the driver door doesn't pull in the last 1/4" like it's supposed to, leaving the car unlocked. This happens both if I shut it or if the car shuts it. Anyone else with the same issue?

2. Phil Seastrand

I suspect it's not related to 8.0. Does it click repeatedly when it gets close to closing? I suspect you have a bad door latch and it just coincidentally happened to fail at the same time you updated firmware.

3. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

No clicking that I've noticed, but it's possible I'm missing it. This one was replaced a month or two ago for other faults so I was hoping it was software :-(

4. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

For others that read this in the future and have the problem, get it looked at ASAP. I had an appointment scheduled but it failed before that, leaving the driver door stuck open and the car undriveable & towed at a very inconvenient time. Less than a week between first noticing it & complete failure.