Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door opening overnight by itself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has happened to me two nights
I park my X in the garage and plug it in. I always lock it with the fob and watch the lights blink.

This morning I went to heat it from the app before we left the house and it wouldn't work as it said a door was open. I go check and sure enough the driver door is wide open.

Same process tonight (I'm certain the doors were shut and I locked the car). Before bed I checked the app and again, the driver door is wide open. Run down to the garage, close it, and lock the car.

I'm recently running 2018.10.4 8bbdc66.

Not a big deal overnight as I park in the garage but would hate for the door to open in public somewhere.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Funny
Reactions: GayForEllon
Spouse with 2nd keyfob on keychain walked by the MX to drive the other car out? It happens to me a lot. When my wife leaves her MX parked in the driveway next to my car, I would always opened her driver side door when I drive my car out. But it would auto close the door and lock it again when I drive away or at least I hope. :p I checked the first times but after I just trust it to close and lock.

Reactions: Freedom101
This is why I have the Auto present off. Really a good feature in its idea, but not very useful in its practicality. I have had returned to my car and my door was already open. Luckily I don't live in a bad area, otherwise, someone could have gone in to get my sunglasses or other valuable items.

I have it sometimes when my key fob is my pocket. If I need to bend sometimes pressure is asserted on the fob and that activates a door. My garage is close to the kitchen. That is why I try not to have my key fob in my pocket anymore.

Reactions: scottf200
That is why I try not to have my key fob in my pocket anymore.
I actually keep mine in an old Altoid rectangular can where we put hang our other keys. They originally had a bluetooth issue that would drain the FOB battery. They've reprogramed FOBs to and changed other things so I think that is gone but I've definitely have bent over with my FOB in my pocket and made the car (doors, FWDs) do things I didn't want to!