Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door stopped auto presenting Opens with fob, mcu, or handle just fine.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Santa Fe TX.
My wife was at the grocery store early part of the week and mention that her driver door did not auto present. Last night we checked on a few things. Found out that this feature does not work on any of our two fobs.
Fresh battery are in her remote.
Did a full reset using the wheel configurator.
Cycled the auto present option under controls, vehicle
Ensure passive feature was cycled under security settings.
Door opens fine with the MCU, handle or using the keyfob.
We know the passive feature is working or somewhat working for when you approach the vehicle, the rear and front lights come on.
I've submitted a service but wanted to run it by the experts here as well. Let me know your thoughts & ideas. Surly love to cancel and free up the time for someone in more of a service need if we get this resolved.

Door not auto opening was one of the first problems I ever had with my model X. Here is service documentation.
C37463BF-C53F-45F3-8C5B-E8DF0C1B90AD.jpeg

Happened to me a year or so ago. It didn't make any sense as I could open with the screen, keyfob or handle. When I approached the car, the car would unlock, so I know it saw the key fob. I kept thinking it was a software update that broke it, but after a couple updates it still wasn't working. They had to replace a module in the car, and both key fobs. Has been working fine since then.

Hi @Darmie ,

The part @Les236 mentioned above is the "Central Body Controller."
When my car stopped auto presenting the doors it was also the
Central Body Controller that failed...

Be sure to take all available key fobs to the appointment.
If it is the central body controller, the key fobs will have to
be programmed to work with the new one...

Good luck - These are all fairly quick fixes

Shawn

Hi @Darmie ,

The part @Les236 mentioned above is the "Central Body Controller."
When my car stopped auto presenting the doors it was also the
Central Body Controller that failed...

Be sure to take all available key fobs to the appointment.
If it is the central body controller, the key fobs will have to
be programmed to work with the new one...

Good luck - These are all fairly quick fixes

Shawn
I was trying to pull up our service ticket and see what the part numbers were. They did correct the issue. I did ensure my wife had both FOBs. She did mention it was a body control module. Weird they go out and only affect the present door feature.

Just had mobile look at ours a couple weeks ago, he thinks it is a 'antenna' in the door frame. He said he stopped pulling them and have to take in to service center, so waiting another 2 weeks to have them try.
Well, anything is possible and it's hard to know Tesla logic. On ours, the lights would come on when you approached the car and unlock the car. The driver door or any door would open from the FOB. We knew it was just the auto present. I would think if all other features are working, then it may not be an antenna.