Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door won’t close!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like maybe something pushed the latch into the closed position and it needs re-opened. If this is the case, and assuming the window was up at the time, you should see the window hitting the trim, and the IC/MCU may indicate the door is closed (not sure on this). To resolve in this scenario, I assume you would have to simulate opening the door by pulling the lever and re-opening the latch. I haven't ever done this, so I can't really provide more specific instructions, but I've seen it done (for instance, the windows must be all the way up to apply tint, so tint installers do this intentionally).

Upvote 0
Did you get anywhere with this issue? Currently have the same problem and can't close my driver door!
Same here with my Model S. This problem is hard to find any info about on the net. Latch is open, but when I try to close the door it doesn't latch on. To me it seems like the electric motor that lock it in position is not working, but not sure how this works on Teslas.
Would be helpful if people who have this problem and posts it here, could do a follow-up if they find a solution.

Upvote 0