Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Experience Essay - Uber and Lyft with a Tesla Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a great post and provides me a lot of insight. I am considering ridesharing again so I can have some extra cash on hand. I lost a job last year, and wound up getting another about a month later, but pays a little less. Also, my bills/expenses have increased and my partner wants to go on all these trips that will cost extra money and he makes way money more than I do, so I’m trying to think of ways to make extra money that won’t directly affect my full time job. I used to drive for Uber here in the DMV area when I had a Nissan Altima and it was okay, but I don’t really like a lot of people and one drunk college kid threw up in my car. The wear and tear on my car was getting to me as well…Also, there have been some stories of rideshare drivers getting carjacked too. I think I’ll mainly stick to airport pickups and maybe some Metro station or Commuter rail pickups around here when I start. I’m am concerned about the safety issues and the wear and tear on my M3 tbh…
Sounds like there are probably more negatives than positives for you about ridesharing in general @LBMagneto

Overall "I don't really like a lot of people" is going to make rideshare a tough proposition as it's very heavy on the dealing-with-people and often requires a lot of patience. Maybe just UberEats (but turn off rides), or something like DoorDash would be a better way to make some extra income?

Reactions: LBMagneto and vickh
Sounds like there are probably more negatives than positives for you about ridesharing in general @LBMagneto

Overall "I don't really like a lot of people" is going to make rideshare a tough proposition as it's very heavy on the dealing-with-people and often requires a lot of patience. Maybe just UberEats (but turn off rides), or something like DoorDash would be a better way to make some extra income?
Good point, and fair enough. I was somewhat exaggerating or got triggered by my memories of working for Uber regarding saying that I don't like a lot of people. My positives usually outweighed the negatives for a long time until they didn't, if that makes sense. However, it is something to consider, and I have had to put my pride to the side and deal with things I don't necessarily want to in order to make a living in the past, so I'd act accordingly.

I am also considering just doing food delivery instead of having people in my car, because that is a popular service in my area. But there is a lot to think about and consider before I make a decision to rideshare.