Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver for Uber or Lyft with your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey fellow TMC members -

Do you drive for Uber or Lyft with your Tesla? If so, do you do it full time? What are some wear and tear expectations I should have or protect against if I wanted to use my vehicle for such? Have a Model X but am thinking about getting a Model 3 or Y for ride share specifically.

Do you really earn more with Lyft Lux/ Lyft Black and such?

Depending on your location and time of day there can minimal accelerated wear to your vehicle, or a lot. I believe Uber and Lyft both require drivers to allow riders to have pets - big negative for me.

More $ is involved for both black cars and during peak pickup times but a lot of those peak times include drunk 19-year girls with a high probability of them getting sick in your car + the potential of interior trim damage.

Are rideshare or livery drivers allowed to use superchargers? Model Y owners must pay to use the network. Since it's not freeloading I'm wondering if it's still banned. Only found old articles from 2017 and 2018 about this topic online.