Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Luxe mat hooks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my Luxe mats today for my X100D. I must say they are very nice. Pricey.... But quite an improvement over the stock mats. Huge improvement actually.

Anyway the driver mat comes with 2 hooks that insert into the eyelets on the driver mat and an instruction card that wants me to puncture the floor carpet to install the hooks after the stock mat is removed. I guess the concern is that the mat will shift upward toward the pedals. However, the mat is very well cut and quite snug while resting in place. Plus there is a flap that extends up the area where the dead pedal would normally be installed. It seems to me there is no need to install these hooks. And I cringe at puncturing the floor carpet to install the hooks.

If any of you have these mats in the X, did you install the hooks or is it fine without them? If the mat "inches up" on you, I'm thinking to create and use a DIY velcro solution on the underside of the mat rather than puncture anything.