Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Monitoring in 10.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove about 2 hours today on 10.6.1 with no alerts which is promising but it was under different circumstances.
1. During the day (overcast)
2. With a passenger.

It still shows my two strike but so far so good. The real test will be a drive to the office early in the morning as that is how both of the other strike happened.
Let us know how it compares!

Ski

Ok, reading through this thread I see I'm not alone. I've gotten a couple of 'pay attention' alerts, despite the fact that I'm looking straight ahead, and I got a forced Autopilot disengagement with my hands on the wheel applying pressure.

I'm ok with the algorithm not being perfect, but not being punished for the algorithm's imperfection.

Just an update to the two strikes I got under 10.5.1. Discovered today they have showed back up after all and was not reset.

Seems like the update just temporary reset my strikes by mistake for a few days. I recall checking multiple times after the update to 10.6.1 for 2-4 days to make sure they didn’t show back up. Never saw it until today.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
Just an update to the two strikes I got under 10.5.1. Discovered today they have showed back up after all and was not reset.

Seems like the update just temporary reset my strikes by mistake for a few days. I recall checking multiple times after the update to 10.6.1 for 2-4 days to make sure they didn’t show back up. Never saw it until today.
Report to fsdbeta and see if anyone replies back. You never know ...

Has anyone heard of anyone getting their strikes reset or if someone got 3 strikes, getting access back? So far, I have not.
That's my question - I have one strike against me that I got even though I had my hands on the wheel and was applying torque to the wheel. (So far, every time I've been put in autopilot timeout it's been the car, not me failing to pay attention.) So, say this happens every 2 or 3 months - in 6-9 months I'll get kicked out of FSD beta. aside from being annoying, it doesn't seem right that that there's no time limit to the 3 strikes rule, either.