Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profile bug when using Camp Mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

avs007

May 14, 2021
PacNW
Has anyone noticed this issue? I noticed that if I get in the car for a solo drive, and it detected my wife's phone for whatever reason, I switch the profile to my profile... Then I continue on my merry way... When I get to my destination, if I turn on Camp Mode, and run inside and come back out... As soon as I shift into Drive, it switches back to my wife's profile, even tho I'm alone in the car, am miles away from home, and it is only connected to my phone... I noticed it ONLY does this if I use camp mode at my destination... It seems as if when you shift to drive from camp mode, it switches to the original profile it "detected" when you originally started the drive. You would think it should stay on the current profile, unless it detects a new phone... If I don't use camp mode, it seems to always detect my phone and switch to my profile when I open the door... But if I had camp mode enabled, it switches to my wife's profile, even tho it was already on my profile when I stepped out of the car.

Edit: I'm not sure if it reverted profiles when I shifted to drive, or when I opened the door, as our seating positions are near identical, but the UX configurations are different, which is how I noticed. But either way, it only happens when camp mode is enabled.

Ok, so I was able to play around with it while picking up my kid at school, and found how/when it happens... So when you get into this situation (when it recognizes the wrong profile when you get in the car):

After you switch to your profile and drive somewhere... If you go into camp mode, and stay in the car... It will stay on your profile... You can even shift into drive, and drive, and then stop and park... You can even do this several times... I did it like 3 times while sitting in front of my kids school... As soon as I got out of the car with camp mode on, (you don't even need to lock the door), and close the door.... When you open the door, it will switch back to the originally recognized incorrect profile, even tho you are alone and the other phone is miles away! I even tested it where I locked the door on the B-Pillar with my phone... As soon as I opened the door, it switched to my wife's profile, even tho my phone was connected, and my wife's phone was miles away.. But when my kid walked out, I opened the door with camp mode still enabled, and I walked around to help in in the car and put his stuff in the trunk. Doors were still unlocked. As soon as I opened the drivers door, it switched back to my wifes profile!

Now if you switch back to your own profile, you are still in the same situation... If you enable camp mode, then get out of the car... And open the door, it will switch profiles AGAIN!!! If you don't enable camp mode after shifting into D/R, and just leave it... Then it will finally behave correctly... You get out of the car, and get back in... It will still be on your profile... Likewise, if you enable camp mode NOW, then it will still stay on your profile!