Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver profile for servicing vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I just got my MY a few months ago and I've scheduled my first service appointment to install my summer tires (currently on winter tires). Whenever I bring any of my cars for service, the mechanic almost always moves my seat and sometimes the mirrors. On my other vehicles, I would simply use the memory buttons to revert the seat + mirrors to their original positions after the service. However, Teslas don't have memory buttons; what's the best way to return the seat to its original position? I'm picky about this... Should I simply create a new "Service" driver profile and link it to the keycard that I provide to the mechanic?

This is for non-Tesla service, by the way. I believe Tesla service puts the vehicle in Service Mode, which I assume acts as a special driver profile?

Thanks!

But wouldn't the new seat position be saved to my profile immediately as soon as the mechanic changes it? So when I hit Restore, it will use the mechanic's seat position instead of my previous one?
The new settings are only saved if you tap "Save" on the screen immediately after changing a setting. When you move your seat, watch the screen - a prompt comes up to Save or Restore each time and goes away if you do nothing.

The new settings are only saved if you tap "Save" on the screen immediately after changing a setting. When you move your seat, watch the screen - a prompt comes up to Save or Restore each time and goes away if you do nothing.

Thanks! Indeed, you are correct, I should have checked the manual :rolleyes: . My confusion was because all other settings except seat, steering wheel and mirrors are automatically saved:

If you change the position of the driver’s seat, steering wheel, or exterior side mirrors after you have saved or chosen a driver profile, the touchscreen prompts you to Save the new position or Restore the previously saved position (other settings are automatically saved). To change a setting without saving or restoring, just ignore the prompt.