Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver profile not always working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since updating to 2021.4.15, I have had a couple instances where the seat/wheel hasn’t moved to my preset positions from easy entry. The correct profile on the screen is displayed. I have to “fix” it by tapping on easy entry or another profile, then back on my profile and it all adjusts correctly.

it isn’t consistent and I haven’t been able to figure out what triggers it. Anyone else having similar issues?

Reactions: ColoradoMike
I have it happen every so often, not 100% sure but i think its something to do with the other drivers phone still being close by, ie. wife in the front part of the house with her phone while i'm trying to get into the car after she used it last

Happens to me starting with a few updates before 2021.4.15. Sometimes the profile does not make any seat or steering column adjustments unless I manually tap on my profile. About 70% of the time it works correctly when I tap the break pedal.

same issue

wife will take care to starbucks in the morning, then i will get into car to go to work and it'll start adjusting to HER setting

i mean, its not that much of a pain, except im about a foot taller than her and by the time i push my name in the settings, im scrunched up like a pretzel in the driver's seat hahahaha

I experienced the exact same thing a few months ago but seemed fixed with some software update.

Unfortunately it’s back since the last couple updates, just updated to 2022.44.2 and it’s still happening.

Why are Climate Control settings saved to Easy-Entry? This make no sense to me.

Most often when I drive, I like the temperaure set to LO and AC off, but often find the temperature has changed to 69F. If I change it back manually to LO, the AC turns on automatically. So I have to also bring up the HVAC controls to press the AC button to turn it back off. This settings behavior makes no sense to me.

When I arrive back home, I may notice the setting is at 69F, so I go through the same procedure to reset it to LO with AC off, but out of the corner of my eye, I see the Easy-Enty Saved message flash.

Why does Tesla assume everyone wants the AC on and the temperature set to 69F?