Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver profile not always working

Orys3

Mar 13, 2021
Brantford Ontario
Since updating to 2021.4.15, I have had a couple instances where the seat/wheel hasn’t moved to my preset positions from easy entry. The correct profile on the screen is displayed. I have to “fix” it by tapping on easy entry or another profile, then back on my profile and it all adjusts correctly.

it isn’t consistent and I haven’t been able to figure out what triggers it. Anyone else having similar issues?

Casmium

Sep 14, 2018
Mississauga
I have it happen every so often, not 100% sure but i think its something to do with the other drivers phone still being close by, ie. wife in the front part of the house with her phone while i'm trying to get into the car after she used it last

EVRider-FL

Aug 18, 2015
South Florida
Happens to me once in a while. If I select my profile (even though it’s already selected) the seat moves to the correct position, no need to switch to a different profile and then back (for me anyway).

normd

Mar 9, 2020
Waynesboro, VA
Happens to me starting with a few updates before 2021.4.15. Sometimes the profile does not make any seat or steering column adjustments unless I manually tap on my profile. About 70% of the time it works correctly when I tap the break pedal.

jawnly211

Sep 22, 2020
studio city, ca
same issue

wife will take care to starbucks in the morning, then i will get into car to go to work and it'll start adjusting to HER setting

i mean, its not that much of a pain, except im about a foot taller than her and by the time i push my name in the settings, im scrunched up like a pretzel in the driver's seat hahahaha

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC