TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Driver Profile settings drift

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by WallyP, Jun 5, 2018.

1. WallyP

WallyP Member

The Driver Profile seat settings keep drifting for me. When shifting from Easy Access to Driver Profile, it seems my seat keeps getting further and further away from the steering wheel. I make the manual adjustment, save the changes in my profile, but then a few days later it drifts and then I need to do it again.

Is it just me, or does anyone else experience it? Or maybe its just that in my old age my legs are getting shorter?

2. Dugknight

Dugknight Member

I just noticed this also. It's pretty subtle. After a while, I realized my steering wheel seemed kind of far away from me. In my case, I think it was the steering wheel that was moving away rather than my seat moving back...

3. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

Put a piece of tape on the lower door entry jamb and a piece of tape on the seat side so they align. Check the alignment of the tape periodically. That will tell you if the user profile is changing or not.

Measure the distance of the steering wheel to the "dash" and check periodically. That will tell you if the user profile is changing or not.

You could be losing weight or your arms are getting longer! ;) Good luck and keep us posted.

4. WallyP

WallyP Member

Great idea, thanks. I will test it and report results.

5. Ruffles

Ruffles Member

I feel like the same thing is happening with my X - particularly with the seat back angle. I had an issue where the seat back / seat would spontaneously move and the SC found a pinched control wire but I haven't had them look at this issue yet.

6. Dugknight

Dugknight Member

I know mine is changing. I keep my seat back as far as I can and my steering wheel is as far out as possible. So if I can adjust it closer to me, then I know it has changed, which happened.

7. sayulita

sayulita Member

It definitely happens for me as well.