Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profile settings drift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Driver Profile seat settings keep drifting for me. When shifting from Easy Access to Driver Profile, it seems my seat keeps getting further and further away from the steering wheel. I make the manual adjustment, save the changes in my profile, but then a few days later it drifts and then I need to do it again.

Is it just me, or does anyone else experience it? Or maybe its just that in my old age my legs are getting shorter?

The Driver Profile seat settings keep drifting for me. When shifting from Easy Access to Driver Profile, it seems my seat keeps getting further and further away from the steering wheel. I make the manual adjustment, save the changes in my profile, but then a few days later it drifts and then I need to do it again.

Is it just me, or does anyone else experience it? Or maybe its just that in my old age my legs are getting shorter?
Put a piece of tape on the lower door entry jamb and a piece of tape on the seat side so they align. Check the alignment of the tape periodically. That will tell you if the user profile is changing or not.

Measure the distance of the steering wheel to the "dash" and check periodically. That will tell you if the user profile is changing or not.

You could be losing weight or your arms are getting longer! ;) Good luck and keep us posted.

I feel like the same thing is happening with my X - particularly with the seat back angle. I had an issue where the seat back / seat would spontaneously move and the SC found a pinched control wire but I haven't had them look at this issue yet.

Put a piece of tape on the lower door entry jamb and a piece of tape on the seat side so they align. Check the alignment of the tape periodically. That will tell you if the user profile is changing or not.

Measure the distance of the steering wheel to the "dash" and check periodically. That will tell you if the user profile is changing or not.

You could be losing weight or your arms are getting longer! ;) Good luck and keep us posted.
I know mine is changing. I keep my seat back as far as I can and my steering wheel is as far out as possible. So if I can adjust it closer to me, then I know it has changed, which happened.