TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Driver Profile Won't Move Seat?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by iluvmacs, Sep 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

OK, pretty sure I'm gonna have to call Tesla service on this one, but just in case someone has an idea first...

We just had the seats replaced in our Model S. Now for some reason when recalling a driver profile, the driver's seat does not move into position. No movement at all, in fact. I have tried resaving the profile, and even creating a new profile, but it does not change anything. The system clearly is talking to the seat though, because when I move the seat with the controls it pops up the prompt asking if I want to save the changes, like normal. Just no dice on it getting the seat to move. Rebooting the main screen did not help either. Any ideas?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I think no one has responded because you've tried all the easy fixes! New profile, delete one, reboot, seat still saves its own changes. Makes little sense.

I assume this worked before of course. Was there an update applied while they had the car and what firmware is it on now? Could be the issue.

3. csanders90D

csanders90D Member

Try moving the seat all the way forward and backward a couple times (while you're not sitting in it so you don't smush yourself). I've had other cars where this was necessary to recalibrate the seat before the memory would work.

4. Max*

Max* Not Banned

The other I noticed if the fobs are linked to the profile, it sometimes gets confused. And it'll say my name but the seat will be in my wife's position. Clicking my name does nothing (IIRC), but if I hit restore, it'll move the seat to the proper position.

5. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Spoke with service, and they'd like to have me bring in the vehicle. They think something is wrong with the module in the seat. I won't be doing so for a few weeks due to my own schedule, but will update once resolved.

• Informative x 1