Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you go on the list of keys you should see yours and your wifes phones as keys. You have to click on each key and associate it with a driver profile, otherwise it wont automatically move to your profile when you get in the car.
How do I associate my PhoneKey and a key card (my wife) to our separate profiles. I poked around a bit, but did not discover the magic screen.

How do I associate my PhoneKey and a key card (my wife) to our separate profiles. I poked around a bit, but did not discover the magic screen.

Quote from the manual below. Since you've already added the key just skip the part about clicking the + icon and adding a key. Just select the profile, go to Control -> Locks, and click the driver icon. Then change driver profiles and repeat for the other driver's keys.

Linking a Driver Profile to a Key

You can link a driver profile to a key (or keys) to allow Model Y to automatically select the correct driver profile when the linked key is detected as you approach the vehicle and open the driver's door. To link a driver profile to a key, first ensure you are using your desired driver profile. Navigate to Controls > Locks and touch the + icon. You can add an authenticated phone, key card, or key fob by following the onscreen instructions. When finished pairing, touch the driver icon to link the key to the desired driver profile. The name of the driver profile will appear under the key to show that it is linked.

Quote from the manual below. Since you've already added the key just skip the part about clicking the + icon and adding a key. Just select the profile, go to Control -> Locks, and click the driver icon. Then change driver profiles and repeat for the other driver's keys.

Linking a Driver Profile to a Key

You can link a driver profile to a key (or keys) to allow Model Y to automatically select the correct driver profile when the linked key is detected as you approach the vehicle and open the driver's door. To link a driver profile to a key, first ensure you are using your desired driver profile. Navigate to Controls > Locks and touch the + icon. You can add an authenticated phone, key card, or key fob by following the onscreen instructions. When finished pairing, touch the driver icon to link the key to the desired driver profile. The name of the driver profile will appear under the key to show that it is linked.
Got it thanks. Noticed the small gray instructions once you got me to the correct page.

Just a quick tip: if you were like me, while sitting on the garage, there is a chance your profile is set to the “Easy Entry”. You must activate your own profile *first*. THEN you can tap on the profile icon within the Locks menu next to your Phone Key (or card).

the profile icon will be greyed out until you have a profile active.