Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profiles Changed with FOB Proximity or Manually?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New MX owner here (late 2016 P100D)

We have both FOB's, and I was curious if the MX will recognize my wife's profile as she enters with her FOB, or if she will need to use the MCU to select her profile? It seems like the profile always defaults to me (I use FOB#2 BTW).

Variable I'm Trying to Work Out: My FOB may still be too close to the MX in my office drawer as she enters. Do you guys use a faraday box for your FOB's?

On my MX, the User Profile, Stereo Source, & Text Sync settings are buggy. There is no rhyme or reason to them sometimes. Most of the time they work correctly, but at least once a week they lose their mind at random without the other fob being within 20 miles of the car.

Well in our case, the car is recognizing the profile of the fob for each separate user when getting near the car and then starting to drive. We have both fobs on a key hook just right inside the garage door only about 12 feet from the car. Some people report having issues with fobs that close, but not us.