Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Profiles to be in the Cloud

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

Cloud driver profiles mean any Tesla could automatically become your Tesla

This, as an example of several other recent tweets about headrest setting saved to profile and seats moving to permit easier entry/egress, is really impressive.

Only yesterday there was a thread trying to allow multiple vehicles on the same MyTesla account.
Those of us who often rent teslas know how irritating it is to be unable to view charging status in the rented vehicle as we do for our own cars.

Elon certainly was thinking of customer satisfaction as well as the future growth in rental/shared use. I cannot wait until the profiles become cloud based. Now it is irritating to both renters, owners who rent, people with multiple Tesla. Everyone must change everything from basic driving settings to radio stations, and so on.

I really cannot wait for this. My next scheduled rental is in two weeks time.
I wonder how many of us already have multiple Teslas, multiple occasional drivers or rentals.
Not to mention Tesloop and others like them.

Somehow this seems to me to be a tiny innovation that will be a major convenience for quite a lot of us.

Now waiting for it to actually happen!

I too am looking forward to driver profiles being in the cloud.
Not so much about rented cars (I do not rent a Tesla, I own 1 and that's all I drive really) but for me, this would be amazing when I get a loaner from Tesla.
Having needed 4 SvC visits in the first 4 months of ownership, it really sucks to not be able to see charge progress, start the HVAC, have my music favourites, seat position, mirror position etc etc. The list is endless.
If a loaner from Tesla felt like your own, it would really make the experience much less painful.

I did wonder what would happen about SC idle fees on a loaner considering I have no way to know when the charge is complete........

We're pretty new to Tesla but have recently had 2 loaner cars, 90D (few days) and P100D (a week), and would love to have this profile cloud feature asap, at least before our next loaner. Yes, you can't see what your charge level is when Supercharging and go to get something to eat. The timing on the charge screen isn't always precise and sometimes the car pops up with alert immediately about moving when the stalls are more than 50% filled. More importantly on our last week's trip hubby came home with a sore back trying to find a good seat positon and I was fine with the seat but ended up with achilles tendonitis in my right heel I think because of the height of the seat or something. Did the same drive a month ago in our car which was obviously adjusted well to our bodies and no problems.