Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver profiles to be stored in the cloud

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t see any other threads about this, but apparently Tesla is going to let you store your driver profile in the cloud, so you can access it from other cars. Sources below:

It would be really cool if this included the driver’s seat position in comparable cars, since it takes a while (for me) to find a good position.

SETTINGS THAT ARE AUTOMATICALLY SAVED INTO YOUR PROFILE

LIGHTS:
Front Fog
Auto high beam off
Headlights after exit

LOCKS:
apply profile to a key
Unlock on park
Lock confirmation sound
Walk away door lock

DISPLAY
Time format
Energy Display (km or %)
Distance (km or miles)
Temperature

DRIVING
Acceleration (chill/standard)
Stopping mode (creep/roll/hold)

AUTOPILOT:
Cruise Follow Distance 1-7
Autosteer Beta
Navigate on Autopilot (Beta)
Speed Limit Warning (Off/Display/Chime)
Speed Limit (Absolute/Relative)
Forward Collision Warning (Off/Late/Med/Early)
Lane Departure Avoidance (Off/Warning/Assist)
Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
Blind Spot Collision Warning

NAVIGATION:
navigation sound on/off
Automatic Navigation
Trip Planner Beta
Avoid Ferries
Avoid Tolls

SAFETY AND SECURITY
Dashcam: save clips on honk
Park Assist Chimes
Joe Mode (volume of chimes reduces)

CLIMATE CONTROL
Temperature but not Fan speed
Sync settings yes
Seat heaters yes
Air vent direction yes

AUDIO SETTINGS
No tone settings
No options settings
No volume settings
No station per profile memory

Reactions: nurusz
I read that the most recent update allows syncing of driver profiles between cars. I have two 3s and the profiles are not syncing. How do I set this up?
It will likely be an upcoming feature. Isn't live yet.

Source

This is an undocumented change in this release and a future feature that is under development.

Tesla continues the development of 'Cloud Profiles'. Cloud Profiles will let you sync select vehicle profiles across various vehicles. New code related to Cloud Profiles has been found in 2022.8.2 that reveals details on how the feature will work.

Now that 2022.24 is out, how do I set up the driver profile syncing to the cloud and how do I get both of our model 3s to do this?

I’m on 2022.24.8.

Friday I touched on my driver profile at the top of the screen and there was a new one there that had my full name and the picture I use in the Tesla app. I selected that and it basically* asked if I wanted to migrate by profile to that cloud profile. I said yes and it did and asked if I wanted to link my phone key to that profile. Again I said yes and everything has been fine since. I did go in and make all the key cards point to my new profile as well. After that I deleted my old profile.

I haven’t tried using it in another Tesla because we only have one.

*Basically because there were more words than that and I didn’t think to take a picture of the screen.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
We moved my wife’s M3 over to her own Tesla account yesterday and that was an interesting process. Somehow the annual premium connectivity went back into a trial period according to the Tesla rep we spoke with but the end date isn’t until next August which was the original end date after I subscribed.

She’s a driver on my M3 and I’m a driver on hers. We haven’t seen the profiles added yet from either car.

This may be a stupid question but..

I have a refreshed S and my father has the refreshed X. Created the cloud profile in my S. If I do this in his X, for when I drive it, will my profile stay active if I am not in the car? Will he be able to see my profile/settings when he is in the car by himself?

I’m on 2022.24.8.

Friday I touched on my driver profile at the top of the screen and there was a new one there that had my full name and the picture I use in the Tesla app. I selected that and it basically* asked if I wanted to migrate by profile to that cloud profile. I said yes and it did and asked if I wanted to link my phone key to that profile. Again I said yes and everything has been fine since. I did go in and make all the key cards point to my new profile as well. After that I deleted my old profile.

I haven’t tried using it in another Tesla because we only have one.

*Basically because there were more words than that and I didn’t think to take a picture of the screen.
When My wifes model Y migrated to 2022.24.8 we got cloud profiles on it. It was kind of strange because my model 3, which is older, did not have that version yet. I just got it on my car yesterday (wifes car got it a couple weeks ago).

Its kind of nice to be able to have things synced like this between the cars, especially things like recent navigation locations. It still kept my offline profile when it turned on cloud ones (so In effect I had one profile on the car that had email address attached to it, and one that did not which was the non cloud profile).

I deleted the offline profiles though, after the cloud ones were active for both my wife and I on both cars.

For those who’ve used cloud profiles, can you create more than one for your account?

The manual says seat/mirror/steering wheel positions are not adjusted if the car you’re using isn’t the same model as the one where you created the profile, which makes sense. Since we have both a Model S and Model 3, I was wondering if I could create a cloud profile for each car, both in my account.

I dont know... it seems like they are tied to your tesla account credentials. My wife and I both have 1 cloud profile, and its now in both her model Y and my model 3. It still seems to work that our seating positions from the non cloud profiles are attached, so I didnt have to set our seats back up in each car.

The other stuff (like recent navigation locations, home / work locations, spotify account and playlists, etc) traveled.

I think the profiles are attached to the tesla account though, so I dont think so.

I dont know... it seems like they are tied to your tesla account credentials. My wife and I both have 1 cloud profile, and its now in both her model Y and my model 3. It still seems to work that our seating positions from the non cloud profiles are attached, so I didnt have to set our seats back up in each car.

The other stuff (like recent navigation locations, home / work locations, spotify account and playlists, etc) traveled.

I think the profiles are attached to the tesla account though, so I dont think so.
If I can only have one cloud profile in my account, I’ll use one from our Model 3. The local profiles are already set up for our own cars, and the only other Teslas I drive are Model 3’s that I rent on Turo when traveling.