Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver profiles won’t edit/save

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone run into this one? I have my driver profile saved and easy entry. It used to be that if I adjusted the seat forward/back a little, the “save” button would come on and if I wanted to save the new position I could or ignore for a couple seconds and it goes away. Not sure when it started but now the save does not show up at all for any of the profiles. I’m on 48.35.5. I rebooted with the double scroll wheels but it’s the same. Any ideas??

Has anyone run into this one? I have my driver profile saved and easy entry. It used to be that if I adjusted the seat forward/back a little, the “save” button would come on and if I wanted to save the new position I could or ignore for a couple seconds and it goes away. Not sure when it started but now the save does not show up at all for any of the profiles. I’m on 48.35.5. I rebooted with the double scroll wheels but it’s the same. Any ideas??
I have had this bug on and off since May 2018

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
Try making a new profile and saving that one. Sometimes they get corrupted.They also may be auto saving but you should see the ‘saving’ come up as it does it.
Amen on that getting corrupted stuff. Recently my car would recognize my key fob on the MX as being my wife even though I was miles away from her on a business trip. Sometime it recognized mine, but mostly recognized hers. Not comfortable being squeezed up against the steering wheel with her profile until I could cancel it. Then I come home from the trip and the car always recognized her fob. I cleared out the profiles and re-entered them to get it working right again.

With profiles saved to each key/phone, make sure the BT priority feature is turned OFF. That way, whoever approaches the car from the driver's side, would get detected, and profile loaded accordingly. I was having that issue, but my wife had put the BT priority ON for her, so the car was picking up her phone regardless who drove. Problem solved now.

As far as the other issue of moving the seat around, it shouldn't auto-save, but most other features auto-save whether you like it or not, so it's possible the last update changed that. I haven't moved the seat, so can't comment if my car does it or not... but will give it a try if I remember :).